Redesigned Mount Olympus Trailhead Opens To Public
HOLLADAY, Utah – Salt Lake County officials announced a redesigned Mount Olympus Trailhead is open once again after several improvements were completed over the summer.
The trailhead improvements include more parking spaces, new toilets, increased visibility and easier access to Wasatch Boulevard.
County leaders were going to celebrate the reopening with a ribbon-cutting Thursday, but those plans were canceled because of the recent changes to COVID-19 guidelines.
10/14 UPDATE: With the recent change to COVID-19 guidelines the decision has been made to cancel the Mount Olympus…
Salt Lake County Parks and Recreation Division Director Martin Jensen said, “We are excited, however, to invite the public to enjoy the wonderful fall colors on Mount Olympus using the well-designed, safer trailhead.”
A news release said the Tourism, Recreation, Cultural and Convention Fund, the County’s Transportation Choice Fund and a grant from the Utah Office of Outdoor Recreation paid for the project.
- DPS Crew Discovers Mysterious Monolith From Air In Remote Utah Wilderness (pageviews: 7510)
- Wednesday's Child: 3 Siblings Adopted Together After Years In Foster Care (pageviews: 5471)
- Deputies Break Up Suspected Camp Of Thieves West Of Utah Lake (pageviews: 5142)
- KSL Investigates: Are COVID-19 Deaths In Utah Inflated? (pageviews: 3356)
- Utah Reports 2 Days Of COVID-19 Numbers: 15 More Have Died, 6,142 Test Positive (pageviews: 2860)
- Utah Family Says Mom Died After Contracting COVID-19 At Family Gathering (pageviews: 2634)
- COVID-19 Immunity: How Long Do Antibodies Last? (pageviews: 2079)
- Utah Man Reunited With Officer Who Saved His Life 35 Years Ago (pageviews: 1689)
- President Nelson's #GiveThanks Challenge Brings New Meaning To 2020 (pageviews: 1422)