Pregnant Woman Dies In West Valley Crash; Baby In Critical Condition
WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah – A 29-year-old pregnant woman was killed in a car crash and her baby was delivered in critical condition, according to Lt. Amy Mauer with the West Valley City Police Department.
The crash was reported Thursday at 7 p.m. at the intersection of Bangerter Highway and 3500 South.
Mauer said a Mitsubishi Lancer with two occupants — the pregnant woman and a 28-year-old man — was traveling westbound on 3500 South when it entered the intersection with Bangerter Highway on a green light.
A Subaru Forester, which was traveling southbound on Bangerter Highway, drove through a red light and collided with the Lancer, according to police.
The man who was driving the Lancer was taken to an area hospital in stable condition, while the pregnant woman was hospitalized in critical condition.
Her baby was delivered and was in critical condition, and Mauer said the woman died from injuries she sustained in the crash.
The driver of the Forester was an 18-year-old male. He was transported to an area hospital in stable condition.
Mauer said detectives were still at the scene of the crash Thursday night.
“We haven’t ruled out anything,” she said.
- Utah Teacher Hospitalized After Breaking Back On Vacation (pageviews: 21432)
- Parent Calls SLC School Board Emails 'Unprofessional' & 'Unethical' (pageviews: 11908)
- Missing Hiker Found In Zion National Park, Family Says (pageviews: 5581)
- Political Opponents For Utah Governor Release Joint Ads Calling For Civility (pageviews: 4994)
- Tanner Park Shooting Victim Dies Of Injuries; Teen Taken Into Custody (pageviews: 3046)
- Police Looking For Suspect Who Shot Three People Near Tanner Park (pageviews: 2433)
- Dixie Regional Medical Center Opens Surge ICU Unit (pageviews: 2030)
- 7.5 Magnitude Quake Off Alaska Prompts Tsunami Warning (pageviews: 1970)
- Human-Caused Range Fire Originated From Orem Police Gun Range, Officials Say (pageviews: 1820)