Authorities Identify Pregnant Woman Killed In Bangerter Highway Crash
WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah – Authorities have identified a pregnant woman who was killed Thursday night in a crash on Bangerter Highway.
The woman’s baby survived, but is in critical condition.
Police have identified the victim as Shelby Boyce, 29, of West Valley City.
Lt. Amy Maurer with the West Valley City Police Department said Boyce was transported from the scene and the birth happened at the hospital.
Police said Boyce’s husband was driving when through the intersection a green light when a Subaru Forester driven by an 18-year-old man ran a red light and crashed into the passenger side of Boyce’s vehicle.
Both Boyce’s husband and the teen driver were taken to the hospital in stable condition.
“At this time, impairment is not suspected as a cause in this accident,” according to a statement from WVCPD. “However, a thorough investigation is underway, which includes laboratory testing.”
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 7254)
- Coach, kicker & official reflect on Cottonwood High's rare, game-winning play (pageviews: 4854)
- One dead, one in critical condition after I-15 crash in Ogden (pageviews: 4398)
- Tooele man arrested, accused of biting off part of teen's ear (pageviews: 3016)
- One dead, one in critical condition after being hit while changing tires in Ogden (pageviews: 2865)