Authorities Identify Pregnant Woman Killed In Bangerter Highway Crash
WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah – Authorities have identified a pregnant woman who was killed Thursday night in a crash on Bangerter Highway.
The woman’s baby survived, but is in critical condition.
Police have identified the victim as Shelby Boyce, 29, of West Valley City.
Lt. Amy Maurer with the West Valley City Police Department said Boyce was transported from the scene and the birth happened at the hospital.
Police said Boyce’s husband was driving when through the intersection a green light when a Subaru Forester driven by an 18-year-old man ran a red light and crashed into the passenger side of Boyce’s vehicle.
Both Boyce’s husband and the teen driver were taken to the hospital in stable condition.
“At this time, impairment is not suspected as a cause in this accident,” according to a statement from WVCPD. “However, a thorough investigation is underway, which includes laboratory testing.”
- Utah Teacher Hospitalized After Breaking Back On Vacation (pageviews: 21432)
- Parent Calls SLC School Board Emails 'Unprofessional' & 'Unethical' (pageviews: 11908)
- Missing Hiker Found In Zion National Park, Family Says (pageviews: 5581)
- Political Opponents For Utah Governor Release Joint Ads Calling For Civility (pageviews: 4994)
- Tanner Park Shooting Victim Dies Of Injuries; Teen Taken Into Custody (pageviews: 3046)
- Police Looking For Suspect Who Shot Three People Near Tanner Park (pageviews: 2433)
- Dixie Regional Medical Center Opens Surge ICU Unit (pageviews: 2030)
- 7.5 Magnitude Quake Off Alaska Prompts Tsunami Warning (pageviews: 1970)
- Human-Caused Range Fire Originated From Orem Police Gun Range, Officials Say (pageviews: 1820)