Intermountain Healthcare To Hold Virtual Mental Health Event
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Intermountain Healthcare announced a virtual event to connect people dealing with mental health challenges, especially during this time of social isolation and uncertainty.
A news release said the event is set for Thursday at 7 p.m.
The goal is to connect people with services if they are in a state of crisis.
“We know people going through a mental health challenge often turn to family, friends or trusted leaders to find help. We want more people to understand what resources are available so they can offer that assistance when it’s needed,” said Kyle Hansen, Utah Valley Hospital administrator.
People who want to participate in the free live-streamed meeting can log on at www.utahvalleyhospital.org/mentalhealthnight.
People who log on will also get information on the United Way 211 information line.
If you or someone you know is feeling overwhelmed, anxious, or needs emotional support in Utah, call 833-442-2211.
The SafeUT app offers another resource to those in immediate distress.
- Utah Teacher Hospitalized After Breaking Back On Vacation (pageviews: 21432)
- Parent Calls SLC School Board Emails 'Unprofessional' & 'Unethical' (pageviews: 11908)
- Missing Hiker Found In Zion National Park, Family Says (pageviews: 5581)
- Political Opponents For Utah Governor Release Joint Ads Calling For Civility (pageviews: 4994)
- Tanner Park Shooting Victim Dies Of Injuries; Teen Taken Into Custody (pageviews: 3046)
- Police Looking For Suspect Who Shot Three People Near Tanner Park (pageviews: 2433)
- Dixie Regional Medical Center Opens Surge ICU Unit (pageviews: 2030)
- 7.5 Magnitude Quake Off Alaska Prompts Tsunami Warning (pageviews: 1970)
- Human-Caused Range Fire Originated From Orem Police Gun Range, Officials Say (pageviews: 1820)