Baby Delivered After Fatal West Valley Crash Dies
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – A newborn baby girl who was delivered after a crash killed her mother has also died, according to family members.
The girl’s mother, 29-year-old Shelby Boyce, of West Valley City, was critically injured in a crash Thursday night.
Police said Boyce’s husband, Christopher Short, was driving on 3500 South and had a green light to pass through the intersection with Bangerter Highway, when a Subaru Forester, driven by an 18-year-old man, ran a red light and crashed into the passenger side of Boyce’s vehicle.
Short and the driver of the Subaru were transported in stable condition, according to Lt. Amy Maurer with the West Valley City Police Department.
“At this time, impairment is not suspected as a cause in this accident,” according to a statement from WVCPD. “However, a thorough investigation is underway, which includes laboratory testing.”
Maurer said Boyce delivered her baby at the hospital but died due to injuries sustained in the crash.
Short said on Facebook that he is “raising money* to help put my two queens to rest.”
*KSL TV does not assure that the money deposited to the account will be applied for the benefit of the persons named as beneficiaries. If you are considering a deposit to the account, you should consult your own advisers and otherwise proceed at your own risk.
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9267)
- Farmington man recovering after falling 40 feet off a highway overpass (pageviews: 8058)
- Woman killed, boyfriend arrested after SLC apartment complex shooting (pageviews: 6022)
- Trail runner hurt by cougar in Millcreek Canyon; DWR locates, euthanizes animal (pageviews: 3183)
- One person dead after shooting at Salt Lake City apartment complex (pageviews: 2423)