Utah Reports 1,340 New COVID-19 Cases, 3 Deaths & 298 Hospitalizations
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – The Utah Department of Health reported 1,340 new cases of COVID-19 and three new deaths on Saturday.
There are currently 298 patients hospitalized with the virus.
For the state’s full COVID-19 statistics, visit coronavirus.utah.gov.
There were 9,142 tests reported since yesterday, 1,496 of which were positive for COVID-19.
The state has reported 91,957 total positive cases out of 966,451 people tested so far.
There have been 1,273,392 total tests reported.
The rolling seven-day average for positive tests is 1,222 per day, and the rolling seven-day average for percent of positive laboratory tests rose to 14%.
There are 298 patients currently hospitalized with the virus, 96 of which are in intensive care units. Another 15 patients are currently hospitalized as COVID-19 persons under investigation.
UDOH reports 55.3% of all non-ICU beds and 74.9% of all ICU beds were occupied as of Saturday. This includes hospitalizations due to COVID-19 and other causes.
On Friday, officials with University of Utah Hospital said their ICU reached 104% capacity and Gov. Gary Gerbert called the current spike in cases “unsustainable.”
A total of 540 Utahns have died from COVID-19. The following deaths were reported Saturday:
- Male, older than 85, Davis County resident, not hospitalized at time of death
- Female, older than 85, Salt Lake County resident, long-term care facility resident
- Male, between 65-84, Carbon County resident, hospitalized at time of death
The state is considering 69,110 cases as “recovered,” meaning those patients received a positive diagnosis more than three weeks ago and they have not died.
For more information, visit coronavirus.utah.gov.
- Man Hides 10 Treasure Chests In Utah Outdoors – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 10223)
- Man Hides 10 Treasure Chests In Utah Outdoors (pageviews: 8913)
- Body Found In American Fork Canyon; Deputies Believe It May Be That Of Missing Utah Co. Man (pageviews: 4176)
- Scarlett Johansson Sues Disney Over ‘Black Widow’ Release (pageviews: 3530)
- Holladay Family Receives Letter, Harassing Them For Supporting BLM (pageviews: 1829)
- CDC Team: 'War Has Changed' As Delta Variant Dangers Emerge (pageviews: 1517)
- Morgan Community Supports Grieving Family After Sudden Loss of Teen Son (pageviews: 1454)
- UHP Trooper Gives First-Hand Account Of Deadly Dust Storm In Kanosh (pageviews: 1454)
- Morgan Community Supports Grieving Family After Sudden Loss of Teen Son – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 1361)