Utah Reports 1,340 New COVID-19 Cases, 3 Deaths & 298 Hospitalizations
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – The Utah Department of Health reported 1,340 new cases of COVID-19 and three new deaths on Saturday.
There are currently 298 patients hospitalized with the virus.
For the state’s full COVID-19 statistics, visit coronavirus.utah.gov.
There were 9,142 tests reported since yesterday, 1,496 of which were positive for COVID-19.
The state has reported 91,957 total positive cases out of 966,451 people tested so far.
There have been 1,273,392 total tests reported.
The rolling seven-day average for positive tests is 1,222 per day, and the rolling seven-day average for percent of positive laboratory tests rose to 14%.
There are 298 patients currently hospitalized with the virus, 96 of which are in intensive care units. Another 15 patients are currently hospitalized as COVID-19 persons under investigation.
UDOH reports 55.3% of all non-ICU beds and 74.9% of all ICU beds were occupied as of Saturday. This includes hospitalizations due to COVID-19 and other causes.
On Friday, officials with University of Utah Hospital said their ICU reached 104% capacity and Gov. Gary Gerbert called the current spike in cases “unsustainable.”
A total of 540 Utahns have died from COVID-19. The following deaths were reported Saturday:
- Male, older than 85, Davis County resident, not hospitalized at time of death
- Female, older than 85, Salt Lake County resident, long-term care facility resident
- Male, between 65-84, Carbon County resident, hospitalized at time of death
The state is considering 69,110 cases as “recovered,” meaning those patients received a positive diagnosis more than three weeks ago and they have not died.
For more information, visit coronavirus.utah.gov.
- Utah Teacher Hospitalized After Breaking Back On Vacation (pageviews: 21432)
- Parent Calls SLC School Board Emails 'Unprofessional' & 'Unethical' (pageviews: 11908)
- Missing Hiker Found In Zion National Park, Family Says (pageviews: 5581)
- Political Opponents For Utah Governor Release Joint Ads Calling For Civility (pageviews: 4994)
- Tanner Park Shooting Victim Dies Of Injuries; Teen Taken Into Custody (pageviews: 3046)
- Police Looking For Suspect Who Shot Three People Near Tanner Park (pageviews: 2433)
- Dixie Regional Medical Center Opens Surge ICU Unit (pageviews: 2030)
- 7.5 Magnitude Quake Off Alaska Prompts Tsunami Warning (pageviews: 1970)
- Human-Caused Range Fire Originated From Orem Police Gun Range, Officials Say (pageviews: 1820)