Sexual Assault Reported On University Of Utah Campus
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – An alert was sent to students and faculty at the University of Utah after a sexual assault was reported on campus.
The sexual assault happened between 4 and 5 p.m. Saturday, according to the alert. University Police were notified of the assault at 8:10 p.m.
Officials said the assault happened in a vehicle near 400 South and Mario Capecchi Drive near Fort Douglas.
“There was a weapon present in the vehicle but it was not used in the commission of the act,” the alert said.
“Our victim was able to leave the scene, and subsequently, we were called and notified of the event,” said Deputy Police Chief Lt. Jason Hinojosa.
Hinojosa said the woman was in her late 20s, and not a student at the university. He said she met the man online. The woman told police the man was not the same person in his online profile picture, but he was able to convince her to get into his car.
University officials said a crisis support specialist was working with the woman.
The victim and the person of interest in this case met on a dating website and the victim is unaffiliated with the University of Utah.
Updates will continue to be provided at https://t.co/paCiWmVeD9 as they become available.
— University of Utah (@UUtah) October 18, 2020
Police were searching for a person of interest. He was described as having a slim build, shaved head, wearing a military-type uniform, and possibly Hispanic.
“Something seemed off, and it seemed a little tattered, a little worn for someone who might be active duty,” said Hinojosa. “We don’t know if it was an actual uniform or if it was just part of something to throw the victim off.”
The vehicle was described as a dark color, late model car. Investigators were looking for clues from several surveillance cameras in the area.
Anyone with information has been asked to contact University Police at 801-585-2677.
- Man Hides 10 Treasure Chests In Utah Outdoors – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 10223)
- Man Hides 10 Treasure Chests In Utah Outdoors (pageviews: 8913)
- Body Found In American Fork Canyon; Deputies Believe It May Be That Of Missing Utah Co. Man (pageviews: 4176)
- Scarlett Johansson Sues Disney Over ‘Black Widow’ Release (pageviews: 3530)
- Holladay Family Receives Letter, Harassing Them For Supporting BLM (pageviews: 1829)
- CDC Team: 'War Has Changed' As Delta Variant Dangers Emerge (pageviews: 1517)
- Morgan Community Supports Grieving Family After Sudden Loss of Teen Son (pageviews: 1454)
- UHP Trooper Gives First-Hand Account Of Deadly Dust Storm In Kanosh (pageviews: 1454)
- Morgan Community Supports Grieving Family After Sudden Loss of Teen Son – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 1361)