Woman Dies After Being Struck By Car In Midway; Man In Custody
MIDWAY, Utah — A man was taken into custody on charges of automobile homicide after he struck and killed a woman in Wasatch County.
The Wasatch County 911 Center said the man called around 10:35 p.m. Saturday saying he hit a woman with his car on Main Street in Midway, and that she was seriously injured and possibly not breathing.
Wasatch County EMS, Sheriff’s deputies, and the Utah Highway Patrol responded to the scene. They began life-saving efforts and continued them while the woman was transported to Heber Valley Hospital, but she eventually died from her injuries.
The victim was identified as a resident of Midway, but additional information was not released.
“We offer sincere condolences to the family and friends of those mourning and impacted by this devastating incident,” read a Facebook post from the Wasatch County Sheriff’s Office.
Colby Gertsch, a 39-year-old male from Midway, was arrested and booked into the Wasatch County Jail on charges of automobile homicide, possession of a controlled substance, possession of drug paraphernalia, and operating a motor vehicle negligently, causing a death.
The Utah Highway Patrol was leading an investigation in the case.
- Details emerge in killings of 2 elderly Clearfield residents (pageviews: 24105)
- Man arrested in Mexico for murder of Utah radio host (pageviews: 8038)
- EXCLUSIVE: Man takes woman hostage on flight to SLC, Good Samaritan steps in (pageviews: 6318)
- Charges in crash that killed 3 should not have been dismissed, Utah appeals court says (pageviews: 5386)
- Three car crash closes road in West Valley City (pageviews: 3473)
- Man killed in rollover crash on I-15 in Draper (pageviews: 3334)