Woman Dies After Being Struck By Car In Midway; Man In Custody
MIDWAY, Utah — A man was taken into custody on charges of automobile homicide after he struck and killed a woman in Wasatch County.
The Wasatch County 911 Center said the man called around 10:35 p.m. Saturday saying he hit a woman with his car on Main Street in Midway, and that she was seriously injured and possibly not breathing.
Wasatch County EMS, Sheriff’s deputies, and the Utah Highway Patrol responded to the scene. They began life-saving efforts and continued them while the woman was transported to Heber Valley Hospital, but she eventually died from her injuries.
The victim was identified as a resident of Midway, but additional information was not released.
“We offer sincere condolences to the family and friends of those mourning and impacted by this devastating incident,” read a Facebook post from the Wasatch County Sheriff’s Office.
Colby Gertsch, a 39-year-old male from Midway, was arrested and booked into the Wasatch County Jail on charges of automobile homicide, possession of a controlled substance, possession of drug paraphernalia, and operating a motor vehicle negligently, causing a death.
The Utah Highway Patrol was leading an investigation in the case.
- Police Release New Photos, Info In Mackenzie Lueck Murder Case (pageviews: 12929)
- West Valley Family Angered After Christmas Decorations Were Stolen (pageviews: 3889)
- Baby Born From 27-Year-Old Embryo Believed To Have Broken Record Set By Big Sister (pageviews: 3606)
- Dying Cancer Patient Forced From Utah County Home Even Though He Can Pay Rent (pageviews: 3300)
- Utah Reports 11 More People Have Died, 3,945 Tested Positive For COVID-19 (pageviews: 3277)
- Hale Center Theatre Orem Apologizes After Woman With Down Syndrome Asked To Leave Over Mask (pageviews: 2818)
- 3K Test Positive For COVID-19, 8 More Utahns Have Died (pageviews: 1618)
- 'Merry Monolith' Appears In Popular Utah Christmas Display (pageviews: 1540)
- DPS Crew Discovers Mysterious Monolith From Air In Remote Utah Wilderness (pageviews: 1480)