Dixie Regional Medical Center Opens Surge ICU Unit
ST. GEORGE, Utah – Intermountain Healthcare confirmed it opened a special intensive care unit surge facility at the Dixie Regional Medical Center in St. George because of increasing numbers of COVID-19 patients who need high-level ICU care.
“We continue to see high volumes of patients in intensive care units at our hospitals across the state,” said Intermountain Healthcare Spokesman Jess Gomez in a statement. “New cases of COVID-19 and subsequent hospitalizations of COVID patients continue to spike in Utah.”
The statement said the Surge Unit is part of the Dixie Medical Center’s ongoing plan for dealing with the growing number of hospitalized patients in the community.
Monday the Utah Health Department reported 1,168 new cases of COVID-19 and three new deaths statewide. There were 288 patients hospitalized with the virus.
“Healthcare resources across the state, including highly-trained caregivers who provide specialized intensive care, continue to be stretched due to the rising numbers of COVID-19 patients and subsequent hospitalizations. This is adding to high patient volumes in ICUs,” Gomez said.
Intermountain is asking the community “to stand with us at this time” by masking up, social distancing, washing hands, and staying home when you are sick.
The state has a detailed website that offers help with reducing the spread of COVID-19, getting help with financial difficulties, even how to find a job.
- Police Release New Photos, Info In Mackenzie Lueck Murder Case (pageviews: 12929)
- West Valley Family Angered After Christmas Decorations Were Stolen (pageviews: 3889)
- Baby Born From 27-Year-Old Embryo Believed To Have Broken Record Set By Big Sister (pageviews: 3606)
- Dying Cancer Patient Forced From Utah County Home Even Though He Can Pay Rent (pageviews: 3300)
- Utah Reports 11 More People Have Died, 3,945 Tested Positive For COVID-19 (pageviews: 3277)
- Hale Center Theatre Orem Apologizes After Woman With Down Syndrome Asked To Leave Over Mask (pageviews: 2818)
- 3K Test Positive For COVID-19, 8 More Utahns Have Died (pageviews: 1618)
- 'Merry Monolith' Appears In Popular Utah Christmas Display (pageviews: 1540)
- DPS Crew Discovers Mysterious Monolith From Air In Remote Utah Wilderness (pageviews: 1480)