Utah Reports 1,081 New COVID-19 Cases, 5 New Deaths, 291 Current Hospitalizations
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – The Utah Department of Health on Tuesday reported 1,081 new cases of COVID-19 and five new deaths.
There are currently 291 patients hospitalized with the virus.
For Utah’s full COVID-19 statistics, visit coronavirus.utah.gov.
The state reported 5,765 tests since yesterday, 1,081 of which returned positive. So far, there have been 96,643 positive cases.
There have been 986,424 people have been tested to date, and a total of 1,319,960 tests have been reported in Utah.
The rolling seven-day average for positive tests is 1,251 per day, and the rolling seven-day average for percent of positive lab tests has ticked up to 14.8%.
There are currently 291 patients hospitalized with COVID-19, 104 of which are in intensive care units. Another 20 patients are currently hospitalized as COVID-19 persons under investigation.
UDOH reports 46.1% of all non-ICU beds and 69.2% of all ICU beds in the state are occupied.
A total of 551 Utahns have now died from COVID-19. The following deaths were reported Tuesday:
- Male, between 65-84, San Juan County resident, not hospitalized
- Female, older than 85, Utah County resident, long-term care facility resident
- Male, older than 85, Salt Lake County resident, not hospitalized
- Female, older than 85, Salt Lake County resident, hospitalized
- Male, between 45-64, Cache County resident, hospitalized
The state is considering 71,693 cases as “recovered,” meaning those patients received a positive diagnosis more than three weeks ago and they have not died.
For more information, go to coronavirus.utah.gov.
- Police Release New Photos, Info In Mackenzie Lueck Murder Case (pageviews: 12929)
- West Valley Family Angered After Christmas Decorations Were Stolen (pageviews: 3889)
- Baby Born From 27-Year-Old Embryo Believed To Have Broken Record Set By Big Sister (pageviews: 3606)
- Dying Cancer Patient Forced From Utah County Home Even Though He Can Pay Rent (pageviews: 3300)
- Utah Reports 11 More People Have Died, 3,945 Tested Positive For COVID-19 (pageviews: 3277)
- Hale Center Theatre Orem Apologizes After Woman With Down Syndrome Asked To Leave Over Mask (pageviews: 2818)
- 3K Test Positive For COVID-19, 8 More Utahns Have Died (pageviews: 1618)
- 'Merry Monolith' Appears In Popular Utah Christmas Display (pageviews: 1540)
- DPS Crew Discovers Mysterious Monolith From Air In Remote Utah Wilderness (pageviews: 1480)