Provo Man Gets Inconclusive COVID-19 Test After Waiting 17 Days
PROVO, Utah – While most people get the results from their COVID-19 tests within 24-72 hours, one Provo man waited 17 days just to hear his test from Test Utah was inconclusive.
KSL-TV’s Morgan Wolfe called Test Utah’s helpline and confirmed with a representative that they were experiencing delays in getting results back, but a media spokesperson has not gotten back to KSL-TV on why it took 17 days to get back to the man.
Kari Leonard is the mother of the Provo man. He didn’t want to be named, but Leonard said they want others to know about their experience in case more people have encountered it.
“It’s discouraging,” Leonard said.
A Provo man waited 17 days to find out his results of his #COVIDTest … to learn it was inconclusive.
— Morgan Wolfe (@MorganWolfeKSL) October 20, 2020
Her son was originally tested at the Provo Towne Center location on Oct. 2. After waiting five days, they called to check on his results.
Leonard said a Test Utah representative told her they were experiencing delays and it would take up to seven to 10 business days to get her son’s test results back.
“Where does it say that on the website?” Leonard questioned. “Did they lose his test? Did they mislabel his test? Nobody knows.”
They finally heard back from Test Utah on Oct. 19, and the result — her son’s test was inconclusive.
“That is a big delay to now be notified that your test was unable to be tested,” Leonard said.
KSL-TV looked at the website and didn’t see any warnings about delays in results.
Leonard’s son got a different test from a clinic on Oct. 13 and had a negative test result sent to him within 24 hours.
“This whole process has been very difficult on our family and I hope no one has to go through this type of wait for a test result,” Leonard said.
- Police Release New Photos, Info In Mackenzie Lueck Murder Case (pageviews: 12951)
- Hale Center Theatre Orem Apologizes After Woman With Down Syndrome Asked To Leave Over Mask (pageviews: 6953)
- Dying Cancer Patient Forced From Utah County Home Even Though He Can Pay Rent (pageviews: 4684)
- Baby Born From 27-Year-Old Embryo Believed To Have Broken Record Set By Big Sister (pageviews: 4423)
- West Valley Family Angered After Christmas Decorations Were Stolen (pageviews: 3952)
- US Tightens Definition Of Service Animals Allowed On Planes (pageviews: 3064)
- Utah Reports 11 More People Have Died, 3,945 Tested Positive For COVID-19 (pageviews: 2903)
- Logan Woman Loses Two Family Members To COVID-19 (pageviews: 2467)
- Dying Cancer Patient Forced From Utah County Home Even Though He Can Pay Rent – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 2293)