Crews Respond To Fire At Abandoned SLC Home
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Crews extinguished a fire at an abandoned home overnight.
The incident happened at approximately 3:20 a.m. in the area of 400 South and 200 West.
Authorities said they arrived to find flames engulfing the boarded-up home.
It appeared squatters may have been living at the home, police said.
Salt Lake City Fire Department Capt. Jeff Kauffmann said fires in abandoned buildings are a recurring issue as the homeless population builds fires inside to keep warm.
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 7254)
- Coach, kicker & official reflect on Cottonwood High's rare, game-winning play (pageviews: 4854)
- One dead, one in critical condition after I-15 crash in Ogden (pageviews: 4398)
- Tooele man arrested, accused of biting off part of teen's ear (pageviews: 3016)
- One dead, one in critical condition after being hit while changing tires in Ogden (pageviews: 2865)