Crews Respond To Fire At Abandoned SLC Home
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Crews extinguished a fire at an abandoned home overnight.
The incident happened at approximately 3:20 a.m. in the area of 400 South and 200 West.
Authorities said they arrived to find flames engulfing the boarded-up home.
It appeared squatters may have been living at the home, police said.
Salt Lake City Fire Department Capt. Jeff Kauffmann said fires in abandoned buildings are a recurring issue as the homeless population builds fires inside to keep warm.
- Police Release New Photos, Info In Mackenzie Lueck Murder Case (pageviews: 12951)
- Hale Center Theatre Orem Apologizes After Woman With Down Syndrome Asked To Leave Over Mask (pageviews: 6953)
- Dying Cancer Patient Forced From Utah County Home Even Though He Can Pay Rent (pageviews: 4684)
- Baby Born From 27-Year-Old Embryo Believed To Have Broken Record Set By Big Sister (pageviews: 4423)
- West Valley Family Angered After Christmas Decorations Were Stolen (pageviews: 3952)
- US Tightens Definition Of Service Animals Allowed On Planes (pageviews: 3064)
- Utah Reports 11 More People Have Died, 3,945 Tested Positive For COVID-19 (pageviews: 2903)
- Logan Woman Loses Two Family Members To COVID-19 (pageviews: 2467)
- Dying Cancer Patient Forced From Utah County Home Even Though He Can Pay Rent – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 2293)