Utah Reports 314 Current Hospitalizations, 1,363 New COVID-19 Cases, 6 New Deaths
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – The Utah Department of Health on Wednesday reported 1,363 new cases of COVID-19 and six new deaths.
There are currently 314 patients hospitalized with the virus.
For the state’s complete COVID-19 statistics, visit coronavirus.utah.gov.
There have been 7,571 tests reported since yesterday, and 1,363 of those tests returned positive.
To date, 993,995 people in Utah have been tested. A total of 1,333,718 tests have been reported, and 98,006 of those tests returned positive.
The rolling seven-day average for positive tests is 1,283 per day, and the rolling seven-day average for percent of positive laboratory tests has now risen to 15.1%.
Currently, 314 patients are hospitalized with COVID-19, and 111 of those patients are in intensive care units. Another 24 patients are currently hospitalized as COVID-19 persons under investigation.
UDOH reports 52.1% of all non-ICU beds and 73.2% of all ICU beds in Utah hospitals are occupied.
Wednesday set a new record for current COVID-19 hospitalizations in the state.
A total of 557 Utahns have died from the virus. The following deaths were reported Wednesday:
- Female, between 65-84, Washington County resident, long-term care facility resident
- Male, older than 85, Salt Lake County resident, hospitalized
- Male, between 65-84, Salt Lake County resident, hospitalized
- Male, between 65-84, Weber County resident, hospitalized
- Male, between 25-44, Salt Lake County resident, hospitalized
- Female, between 65-84, Utah County resident, long-term care facility resident
The state is considering 72,606 cases as “recovered,” meaning those patients received a positive diagnosis more than three weeks ago and they have not died.
For more information, go to coronavirus.utah.gov.
- Utah's Peter Sinks reaches -62 Monday; Why does it get so cold? (pageviews: 8563)
- Utah’s Peter Sinks reaches -62 Monday; Why does it get so cold? - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3901)
- Two employees dead at Northrop Grumman Magna facility (pageviews: 3445)
- Utah correctional officer assaulted by inmate at state prison (pageviews: 2621)
- Alleged fraud committed by top leaders at Layton Christian Academy - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 2604)
- Two employees dead at Northrop Grumman Magna facility - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 2477)