Police: Roy High Teacher Arrested, Accused Of Enticing Minor
ROY, Utah – A digital media teacher at Roy High School has been arrested after police said he asked an undercover officer posing as a 13-year-old child for nude images and arranged to meet the child for sex.
Brady Allen, 30, was booked into the Davis County Jail Wednesday on felony charges of enticing a minor by internet or text and sexual exploitation of a minor.
According to court documents, an officer with the Layton Police Department portrayed himself online as a 13-year-old while participating in an undercover operation with the FBI Child Exploitation Task Force.
The officer said he was contacted online by Allen in August. “Mr. Allen engaged in highly sexual conversation, asked for nude images, arranged to meet the child for sex, and drove to the meeting location,” police said.
The undercover officer was caught off-guard when Allen showed up at a pre-determined meeting place earlier this week unannounced. He messaged police and said he was ready to meet.
“So that fact of him spontaneously showing up, and us not being ready for the arrest portion of this, is why we were just able to get there, observe him, he drove off. We were able to get an identification on him,” said Layton Police Department Lt. Brady Fitzpatrick.
Allen was arrested Wednesday and police said Allen “fully admitted to talking to the child about having sex, arranging to meet, and showing up at where he believed the child to be living for sex.” They said he also admitted to asking for nude images.
Allen was being held without bond at the Davis County Jail.
Officials with the Weber School District told KSL they are aware of Allen’s arrest and said they are investigating.
- Police Release New Photos, Info In Mackenzie Lueck Murder Case (pageviews: 12951)
- Hale Center Theatre Orem Apologizes After Woman With Down Syndrome Asked To Leave Over Mask (pageviews: 6953)
- Dying Cancer Patient Forced From Utah County Home Even Though He Can Pay Rent (pageviews: 4684)
- Baby Born From 27-Year-Old Embryo Believed To Have Broken Record Set By Big Sister (pageviews: 4423)
- West Valley Family Angered After Christmas Decorations Were Stolen (pageviews: 3952)
- US Tightens Definition Of Service Animals Allowed On Planes (pageviews: 3064)
- Utah Reports 11 More People Have Died, 3,945 Tested Positive For COVID-19 (pageviews: 2903)
- Logan Woman Loses Two Family Members To COVID-19 (pageviews: 2467)
- Dying Cancer Patient Forced From Utah County Home Even Though He Can Pay Rent – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 2293)