UDOT Worker Hit By Vehicle On I-15 In Davis County
BOUNTIFUL, Utah – Officials responded to Davis County early Thursday after a person was hit by a vehicle on I-15.
The incident happened at approximately 4:15 a.m. in the southbound lanes in the area of 400 North.
According to a statement from the Utah Highway Patrol, the crew was working on a board sign in the HOV lane with additional UDOT vehicles behind them for traffic control.
“A UDOT employee who was working on the sign was getting into a UDOT truck on the right passenger side,” according to the statement. “A passing motorist struck them in the head with their left mirror, causing serious injury.”
The worker was transported to the hospital by ambulance.
Troopers said impairment is not suspected at this time, and the driver of the vehicle that struck the worker is cooperating with the investigation.
The worker’s conditions was not immediately known.
Southbound lanes through the area were partially closed as troopers worked at the scene
BREAKING: @UTHighwayPatrol confirms a UDOT worker was “clipped” this morning in an auto-ped southbound I-15 near 400 north in Bountiful. He was taken to the hospital for injuries. Deiver is cooperating. Details on @KSL5TV pic.twitter.com/DgWXDkCt9c
— Felicia Martinez (@FeliciaKSL) October 22, 2020
- Police Release New Photos, Info In Mackenzie Lueck Murder Case (pageviews: 12951)
- Hale Center Theatre Orem Apologizes After Woman With Down Syndrome Asked To Leave Over Mask (pageviews: 6953)
- Dying Cancer Patient Forced From Utah County Home Even Though He Can Pay Rent (pageviews: 4684)
- Baby Born From 27-Year-Old Embryo Believed To Have Broken Record Set By Big Sister (pageviews: 4423)
- West Valley Family Angered After Christmas Decorations Were Stolen (pageviews: 3952)
- US Tightens Definition Of Service Animals Allowed On Planes (pageviews: 3064)
- Utah Reports 11 More People Have Died, 3,945 Tested Positive For COVID-19 (pageviews: 2903)
- Logan Woman Loses Two Family Members To COVID-19 (pageviews: 2467)
- Dying Cancer Patient Forced From Utah County Home Even Though He Can Pay Rent – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 2293)