Man Set Woman On Fire In Murray, Police Say; Suspect Arrested
MURRAY, Utah – Police arrested a suspect who allegedly set a woman on fire early Thursday.
The incident happened at approximately 2 a.m. at a hotel in the area of 900 East and 6600 South.
Police said it appears the 34-year-old victim was set on fire with some sort of accelerant. The woman was taken to the University of Utah Burn Center with burns on 70% of her body.
The victim is currently in critical condition.
Police said the assault was intentional.
Police said the suspect and the victim know each other.
The suspect has been identified as Andrew Todd Curtis, 44, of Moab.
Curtis has been jailed for previous violent incidents. Court records showed he was sentenced up to five years for a fatal stabbing incident in Moab in December of 2010. At the time of that incident, court records showed he was on probation after serving about eight years for a shooting in a parking lot in Moab.
The investigation is ongoing.
- Mysterious Southern Utah Monolith Mysteriously Disappears – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 33983)
- Mysterious Southern Utah Monolith Mysteriously Disappears – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 22072)
- Mysterious Southern Utah Monolith Mysteriously Disappears (pageviews: 12737)
- Dying Cancer Patient Forced From Utah County Home Even Though He Can Pay Rent (pageviews: 7601)
- DPS Crew Discovers Mysterious Monolith From Air In Remote Utah Wilderness (pageviews: 6552)
- Catch A Lunar Eclipse During Full Beaver Moon This Weekend – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3735)
- Man Arrested For Refusing To Wear Face Mask On Flight Leaving SLC – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3656)
- South Jordan Police Officer Accused Of Kidnapping Relative On Thanksgiving (pageviews: 2424)
- Catch A Lunar Eclipse During Full Beaver Moon This Weekend (pageviews: 2260)