Suspect At Large After Reported Armed Robbery In Lowes Parking Lot
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – An investigation is underway after police responded to an armed robbery report at a Lowes overnight.
The incident happened shortly after midnight in the parking lot of the store located at 1300 South and 300 West.
Police said dispatch received a 911 call that someone was being robbed at gunpoint in the parking lot of the Lowes. The 911 operator reported hearing a shot fired during the call.
There was a fight over the gun and several shots were fired, authorities said. No one was injured.
The suspect was at the other end of the parking lot when officers arrived and was able to escape by running through some nearby apartment buildings, police said.
Officials at the scene said there’s a chance the individual either lives in one of the apartment buildings or knows someone who lives there. They believe the suspect is still in the area.
Police said there are multiple surveillance cameras in the area and they will be reviewing the footage.
- US coach makes dramatic rescue of artistic swimmer at worlds (pageviews: 12401)
- AIR SHOW: What to bring, what to leave at home and how to get there (pageviews: 10261)
- Utah woman killed, one person injured in Nevada crash (pageviews: 5940)
- Live (pageviews: 4921)
- Utah 'trigger law' banning abortion to go into effect after Roe v. Wade overturned (pageviews: 4393)
- BREAKING: Abortion now prohibited in Utah (pageviews: 4001)