Stolen Trailer Carrying Body To Burial Site Recovered
WEST JORDAN, Utah – Officials with the West Jordan Police Department said a stolen U-Haul trailer that was transporting the body of a deceased person to be buried here in Utah has been recovered.
The four-by-eight trailer was found by police in Kearns with its contents intact. It was reported stolen from the parking lot of a West Jordan hotel around 5:30 a.m. Friday.
UPDATE: Trailer has been located, abandoned in a church parking lot in Kearns, with contents intact. Anyone with information regarding the individual(s) involved with the theft or vehicle in photo should contact 801-840-4000
— City of West Jordan (@CityWestJordan) October 23, 2020
Tauni Barker with the city of West Jordan said the family was traveling from Louisiana to Utah, where the body was scheduled to be buried Friday.
Barker said the thieves detached the trailer from the family’s car and attached it to their own vehicle.
“The thieves are usually targeting what they view as something valuable inside,” said Sgt. J.C. Holt with the West Jordan Police Department.
Anyone with information regarding the driver or vehicle involved in the incident was asked to call police at 801-840-4000.
- Police Release New Photos, Info In Mackenzie Lueck Murder Case (pageviews: 12951)
- Hale Center Theatre Orem Apologizes After Woman With Down Syndrome Asked To Leave Over Mask (pageviews: 6953)
- Dying Cancer Patient Forced From Utah County Home Even Though He Can Pay Rent (pageviews: 4684)
- Baby Born From 27-Year-Old Embryo Believed To Have Broken Record Set By Big Sister (pageviews: 4423)
- West Valley Family Angered After Christmas Decorations Were Stolen (pageviews: 3952)
- US Tightens Definition Of Service Animals Allowed On Planes (pageviews: 3064)
- Utah Reports 11 More People Have Died, 3,945 Tested Positive For COVID-19 (pageviews: 2903)
- Logan Woman Loses Two Family Members To COVID-19 (pageviews: 2467)
- Dying Cancer Patient Forced From Utah County Home Even Though He Can Pay Rent – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 2293)