JBLM Soldier From Utah Killed In Incident Not Related To Training
TACOMA, Wash. (AP) — Officials say a soldier based at Joint Base Lewis-McChord has been killed on base near Tacoma, Washington, in an incident not related to training.
The News Tribune reports 24-year-old Spc. Skyler Oliver served with 1-2 Stryker Brigade, 7th Infantry Division, according to I Corps public affairs officials.
Officials announced his death Thursday.
Officials say the cause of Oliver’s death Saturday, Oct. 17, is under investigation by the Army criminal investigation command, which is standard procedure.
Oliver was from Roy, Utah, and is survived by his wife, Courtney Oliver, and two children.
Oliver’s mother, Janet Oliver, said he joined the Army in 2018 and was assigned to JBLM in January 2019.
Friends and family said Oliver will be escorted to Lindquist Mortuary in Roy on Monday. He will arrive at Salt Lake City International Airport at 8:45 p.m.
KSL-TV contributed to this report.
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9267)
- Farmington man recovering after falling 40 feet off a highway overpass (pageviews: 8058)
- Woman killed, boyfriend arrested after SLC apartment complex shooting (pageviews: 6022)
- Trail runner hurt by cougar in Millcreek Canyon; DWR locates, euthanizes animal (pageviews: 3183)
- One person dead after shooting at Salt Lake City apartment complex (pageviews: 2423)