JBLM Soldier From Utah Killed In Incident Not Related To Training
TACOMA, Wash. (AP) — Officials say a soldier based at Joint Base Lewis-McChord has been killed on base near Tacoma, Washington, in an incident not related to training.
The News Tribune reports 24-year-old Spc. Skyler Oliver served with 1-2 Stryker Brigade, 7th Infantry Division, according to I Corps public affairs officials.
Officials announced his death Thursday.
Officials say the cause of Oliver’s death Saturday, Oct. 17, is under investigation by the Army criminal investigation command, which is standard procedure.
Oliver was from Roy, Utah, and is survived by his wife, Courtney Oliver, and two children.
Oliver’s mother, Janet Oliver, said he joined the Army in 2018 and was assigned to JBLM in January 2019.
Friends and family said Oliver will be escorted to Lindquist Mortuary in Roy on Monday. He will arrive at Salt Lake City International Airport at 8:45 p.m.
KSL-TV contributed to this report.
- Utah boy dies after falling off school slide (pageviews: 19686)
- West Jordan mother in the ICU after being hit by snowmobile while tubing (pageviews: 9869)
- Provo will soon be welcoming its 1st full-size Target store (pageviews: 8132)
- Utah state prisons on lockdown after three assaults against officers (pageviews: 7085)
- Chilling search history on Enoch father's phone: 'Can neighbors hear gunshots?' (pageviews: 5854)
- 7 arrested in drug trafficking investigation in Utah and Salt Lake counties (pageviews: 3704)