Man Dies During Huntsville Officer-Involved Incident
HUNTSVILLE, Utah — A man has died from his injuries after he was shot during an officer-involved incident in Huntsville, authorities said.
Around 10:40 p.m. on Friday, Weber Area Dispatch received a call of a man who was armed with a gun in Huntsville. A homeowner reported seeing the man attempting to break into a trailer parked in front of their home and firing several shots.
When deputies from the Weber County Sheriff’s Office and Morgan County Sheriff’s Office arrived on scene, the armed man confronted them.
The individual made “aggressive actions towards the deputies,” and two deputies fired shots, read a Facebook post from the Weber County Sheriff’s Office.
The man was hit, and while medical personnel administered aid, he died from his injuries.
Officials said no deputies or other individuals were injured during the incident.
The man’s identity has not been released.
An investigation was underway.
- ‘Our worst fears': Kidnapped baby, parents, uncle found dead (pageviews: 6449)
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6433)
- Coach, kicker & official reflect on Cottonwood High's rare, game-winning play (pageviews: 6050)
- One dead, one in critical condition after I-15 crash in Ogden (pageviews: 5371)
- Tooele man arrested, accused of biting off part of teen's ear (pageviews: 3347)
- Father, son found dead inside West Jordan home (pageviews: 3137)