18-Year-Old Woman Flown To Hospital After Saratoga Springs Crash
SARATOGA SPRINGS, Utah — An 18-year-old woman was flown to the hospital with serious injuries after she was involved in a car crash in Utah County.
The incident happened around 5 p.m. Saturday at the intersection of Pioneer Crossing and Riverside Drive, according to Corp. Carl Haner with the Saratoga Springs Police Department.
The teen was driving a small passenger car and turned off Pioneer Crossing at an intersection without a traffic light when a large pickup truck, traveling eastbound on Pioneer Crossing, T-boned the vehicle.
Haner said the Eagle Mountain woman was transported by medical helicopter to Utah Valley Regional Medical Center.
Initial responders thought this was going to turn into a fatality, but they said the victim was in stable condition with serious head and upper body injuries.
The driver of the pickup truck did not sustain injuries in the crash. Officials said he stayed on scene and cooperated with police.
EB Pioneer Crossing at Riverside Dr. Saratoga Springs Utah Co.
EB Lanes Closed
Est. Clearance Time: 9:00 PM
For updates: https://t.co/jaVMw7vcLm
— UDOT Traffic (@UDOTTRAFFIC) October 25, 2020
The eastbound lanes were closed for approximately two and a half hours, but have since reopened.
- Police Release New Photos, Info In Mackenzie Lueck Murder Case (pageviews: 12951)
- Hale Center Theatre Orem Apologizes After Woman With Down Syndrome Asked To Leave Over Mask (pageviews: 6953)
- Dying Cancer Patient Forced From Utah County Home Even Though He Can Pay Rent (pageviews: 4684)
- Baby Born From 27-Year-Old Embryo Believed To Have Broken Record Set By Big Sister (pageviews: 4423)
- West Valley Family Angered After Christmas Decorations Were Stolen (pageviews: 3952)
- US Tightens Definition Of Service Animals Allowed On Planes (pageviews: 3064)
- Utah Reports 11 More People Have Died, 3,945 Tested Positive For COVID-19 (pageviews: 2903)
- Logan Woman Loses Two Family Members To COVID-19 (pageviews: 2467)
- Dying Cancer Patient Forced From Utah County Home Even Though He Can Pay Rent – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 2293)