1,201 Utahns Have Tested Positive For COVID-19, 2 More Have Died
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – According to the latest report from the Utah Department of Health, 1,201 additional people have tested positive for COVID-19, and two more residents have died.
There are currently 299 patients hospitalized with the virus.
For Utah’s complete statistics, and for more information on COVID-19, visit coronavirus.utah.gov.
UDOH reported that so far, 1,037,256 people have been tested. This is an increase of 5,745 people from yesterday. Of those, 1,201 residents tested positive for the virus.
A total of 106,083 residents have tested positive to date.
The state has reported 1,401,933 tests have been administered. Some Utahns have been tested more than once, which is why the number of reported tests is larger than the number of people tested.
The rolling seven-day average for positive tests is 1,494 per day, and the rolling seven-day average for percent of positive laboratory tests is now at 17%.
The number of COVID-19 hospitalizations has slowly decreased over the past few days. On Monday, UDOH reported that 299 patients were hospitalized with the virus. Of those patients, 112 were in intensive care units.
Utah’s ICU occupancy dropped to 68.9%, and non-ICU beds are currently at 49% occupancy.
The availability of not only ICU beds but also health care staff to care for patients has been a top concern recently. Health care officials have reiterated that in order to keep beds below capacity, residents need to avoid large gatherings – especially during the holidays – as well as wear a mask in all public and social situations and practice good hand hygiene.
A total of 574 Utah residents have died as a result of COVID-19. Health officials on Monday reported that a Garfield County man between the ages of 65 – 84 who was hospitalized, and a Washington County woman between the ages of 45 – 64 who was also hospitalized, both lost their lives due to the virus.
For more information, visit coronavirus.utah.gov.
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 13441)
- 2 former Stansbury High School teammates to faceoff in the Super Bowl (pageviews: 7554)
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns (pageviews: 5852)
- Residential care facility faces fine after woman pronounced dead found gasping for air in body bag (pageviews: 4852)
- Utah state prisons on lockdown after three assaults against officers (pageviews: 4484)
- Missing Arizona girl found in basement of convicted Utah sex offender on parole (pageviews: 3699)