Intermountain Healthcare Announces Plan To Merge With Sanford Health
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Intermountain Healthcare and Sanford Health announced their intention on Monday to complete a merger in 2021.
A news release said both companies signed a letter of intent to develop a strategic partnership and later complete a merger pending federal and state approvals.
“Intermountain and Sanford have a shared vision of the future of healthcare and have the aligned values needed to better serve more communities across the nation,” said Dr. Marc Harrison, president and CEO of Intermountain Healthcare. “Through coordinated care, increased use of telehealth and digital health services, we will make healthcare more affordable for our communities.”
“For more than two decades, we’ve been focused on good growth, with the goal of driving innovation and bringing more affordable and accessible healthcare to the communities we serve,” said Kelby Krabbenhoft, president and CEO of Sanford Health. “Today we’re marking another major milestone in our long history of working to change the course of healthcare across the globe. By coming together with Intermountain Healthcare, we will improve the health and well-being of the communities we serve and strengthen our impact in healthcare delivery and value.”
The combined company will employ about 90,000 people in 70 hospitals and 435 clinics across seven states, the release said. It will also operate 233 senior care facilities in 24 states.
Improve access to more affordable care for people in our communities. Our nation needs not-for-profit organizations to lead the way in addressing the rising costs of health care. (2/9)
— Sanford Health (@SanfordHealth) October 26, 2020
The new organization’s headquarters will be in Salt Lake City, where Intermountain Healthcare is already based. Corporate offices will be in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, which is the current headquarters for Sanford Health.
- Mysterious Southern Utah Monolith Mysteriously Disappears – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 33983)
- Mysterious Southern Utah Monolith Mysteriously Disappears – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 22072)
- Mysterious Southern Utah Monolith Mysteriously Disappears (pageviews: 12737)
- Dying Cancer Patient Forced From Utah County Home Even Though He Can Pay Rent (pageviews: 7601)
- DPS Crew Discovers Mysterious Monolith From Air In Remote Utah Wilderness (pageviews: 6552)
- Catch A Lunar Eclipse During Full Beaver Moon This Weekend – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3735)
- Man Arrested For Refusing To Wear Face Mask On Flight Leaving SLC – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3656)
- South Jordan Police Officer Accused Of Kidnapping Relative On Thanksgiving (pageviews: 2424)
- Catch A Lunar Eclipse During Full Beaver Moon This Weekend (pageviews: 2260)