Salt Lake Airport Opens Newest Concourse
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – The Salt Lake International Airport has opened its newest concourse.
Concourse B is open for business as of Tuesday morning, with 21 gates fr Alaska, American, Delta, Frontier, JetBlue, Southwest and United airlines. It follows the previous unveiling of Concourse A in September.
“Today is like icing on the cake,” said Bill Wyatt, Salt Lake Department of Airports, executive director. “It’s been six weeks since the successful opening of The New SLC and today we welcome all of our airline partners to their new home in Concourse B, which completes Phase I of the project,”
The new concourse will also include three new restaurants, five new shops, an XpressSpa and more in the near future. It is connected to Concourse A through a 990-foot-long tunnel featuring murals of Utah’s four seasons.
“It is far,” said Debra Kenter, who was traveling on the first Southwest flight to leave Concourse B. “It was a little farther than I was expecting.”
She said that expects travelers will get used to the trek between the two concourses over time.
Demolition is currently underway at the previous airport.
“The old airport, which has served this community for over 60 years, is now completely closed,” Wyatt said. “Every departing and arriving passenger is going to be using these brand new, state-of-the-art facilities.”
- US coach makes dramatic rescue of artistic swimmer at worlds (pageviews: 12401)
- AIR SHOW: What to bring, what to leave at home and how to get there (pageviews: 10261)
- Utah woman killed, one person injured in Nevada crash (pageviews: 5940)
- Live (pageviews: 4921)
- Utah 'trigger law' banning abortion to go into effect after Roe v. Wade overturned (pageviews: 4393)
- BREAKING: Abortion now prohibited in Utah (pageviews: 4001)