Hurricane Man Arrested After Allegedly Burning Toddlers With Hot Water
HURRICANE, Utah – A 24-year-old man was arrested after police said he admitted to pouring hot water on two toddlers.
According to a probable cause statement, Austin Woolsey, of Hurricane, was booked into jail on two counts of intentional child abuse Tuesday.
The document said a 2-year-old boy had a large burn on his left side that ran from under his arm and chest and dropped down across the torso to the diaper line, and a 3-year-old boy had burns on his forehead and neck area. Both children were hospitalized with second-degree burns.
Police said hot liquid caused both burns.
Officers did not explain what led up to the children being burned, nor did they explain Woolsey’s relationship with the children.
Police said Woolsey’s explanations of what happened did not add up and Woolsey later admitted to pouring water on the children.
The arresting officer also asked Woolsey if he knew it was wrong to pour hot water on the children and he said “yes.” The officer also asked if Woolsey learned his lesson not to do it again, and Woolsey answered “yes.”
The officer followed up by asking how he learned his lesson and Woolsey said “he felt kinda sad.”
- Police Release New Photos, Info In Mackenzie Lueck Murder Case (pageviews: 12951)
- Hale Center Theatre Orem Apologizes After Woman With Down Syndrome Asked To Leave Over Mask (pageviews: 6953)
- Dying Cancer Patient Forced From Utah County Home Even Though He Can Pay Rent (pageviews: 4684)
- Baby Born From 27-Year-Old Embryo Believed To Have Broken Record Set By Big Sister (pageviews: 4423)
- West Valley Family Angered After Christmas Decorations Were Stolen (pageviews: 3952)
- US Tightens Definition Of Service Animals Allowed On Planes (pageviews: 3064)
- Utah Reports 11 More People Have Died, 3,945 Tested Positive For COVID-19 (pageviews: 2903)
- Logan Woman Loses Two Family Members To COVID-19 (pageviews: 2467)
- Dying Cancer Patient Forced From Utah County Home Even Though He Can Pay Rent – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 2293)