Police Investigating Domestic Violence Homicide In Midvale
MIDVALE, Utah – A 41-year-old Midvale woman was stabbed to death by her husband after a domestic dispute in front of their children, according to Sgt. Melody Cutler with the Unified Police Department.
Police said the incident happened Wednesday evening near 115 West Settlement Circle.
Cutler said a neighbor called 911, saying the couple’s 7-year-old daughter came to her house and told her “dad was hurting mom.”
— Morgan Wolfe (@MorganWolfeKSL) October 29, 2020
Officers arrived at the home and found the woman with stab wounds. Cutler said she died at the scene and her husband was taken to an area hospital in police custody with what appeared to be wounds that were self-inflicted.
Police said they would be at the scene collecting evidence through the night.
The victim was identified by Unified police as Utahna Halona. The suspect was identified as John Weston Erickson. Police said he had not been booked into jail as of 10 p.m. Wednesday.
Resources For Domestic Violence Victims
If you are a victim of abuse, there are resources out there to help. It is a difficult first step, but help is available 24 hours a day and doesn’t cost anything.
- Utah Domestic Violence Link Line 1-800-897-LINK (5465)
- National Domestic Violence Hotline 1-800-799-SAFE (7233)
- Utah YWCA shelter for women- 24-Hour Crisis Line- 801-537-8600
- 911 — don’t hesitate to call if you need immediate help
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints makes changes to ‘tithing settlement’ – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 27530)
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints makes changes to 'tithing settlement' (pageviews: 9496)
- Utah company Lions Not Sheep responds to $211K FTC fine – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 8374)
- Anne Heche is 'not expected to survive,' family says in statement (pageviews: 6508)
- Utah company Lions Not Sheep responds to $211K FTC fine (pageviews: 4092)
- Search continues for Utah man shot at during police confrontation, abduction (pageviews: 2987)