Police Investigating Domestic Violence Homicide In Midvale
MIDVALE, Utah – A 41-year-old Midvale woman was stabbed to death by her husband after a domestic dispute in front of their children, according to Sgt. Melody Cutler with the Unified Police Department.
Police said the incident happened Wednesday evening near 115 West Settlement Circle.
Cutler said a neighbor called 911, saying the couple’s 7-year-old daughter came to her house and told her “dad was hurting mom.”
— Morgan Wolfe (@MorganWolfeKSL) October 29, 2020
Officers arrived at the home and found the woman with stab wounds. Cutler said she died at the scene and her husband was taken to an area hospital in police custody with what appeared to be wounds that were self-inflicted.
Police said they would be at the scene collecting evidence through the night.
The victim was identified by Unified police as Utahna Halona. The suspect was identified as John Weston Erickson. Police said he had not been booked into jail as of 10 p.m. Wednesday.
Resources For Domestic Violence Victims
If you are a victim of abuse, there are resources out there to help. It is a difficult first step, but help is available 24 hours a day and doesn’t cost anything.
- Utah Domestic Violence Link Line 1-800-897-LINK (5465)
- National Domestic Violence Hotline 1-800-799-SAFE (7233)
- Utah YWCA shelter for women- 24-Hour Crisis Line- 801-537-8600
- 911 — don’t hesitate to call if you need immediate help
- Police Release New Photos, Info In Mackenzie Lueck Murder Case (pageviews: 12951)
- Hale Center Theatre Orem Apologizes After Woman With Down Syndrome Asked To Leave Over Mask (pageviews: 6953)
- Dying Cancer Patient Forced From Utah County Home Even Though He Can Pay Rent (pageviews: 4684)
- Baby Born From 27-Year-Old Embryo Believed To Have Broken Record Set By Big Sister (pageviews: 4423)
- West Valley Family Angered After Christmas Decorations Were Stolen (pageviews: 3952)
- US Tightens Definition Of Service Animals Allowed On Planes (pageviews: 3064)
- Utah Reports 11 More People Have Died, 3,945 Tested Positive For COVID-19 (pageviews: 2903)
- Logan Woman Loses Two Family Members To COVID-19 (pageviews: 2467)
- Dying Cancer Patient Forced From Utah County Home Even Though He Can Pay Rent – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 2293)