2 Suspects In Custody After Multiple Shots Fired In West Valley
WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah – Police responded to an incident of shots fired in West Valley City late Wednesday, with bullets hitting homes and cars, authorities said.
The shooting happened at approximately 10 p.m. in the area of 3100 South and Redwood Road.
Officials received multiple calls about shots fired in the area, according to the West Valley City Police Department.
Witnesses said people were shooting at each other from two cars. Police said it was a targeted event that is believed to have gang ties.
Luckily, no one was injured. However, it was a close call for neighbors whose houses and vehicles were hit by stray bullets.
“If these people want to do these types of things to one another, so be it,” said WVCPD Lt. Bill Merritt. “But it would be really nice if they could leave the innocent people out of it. One person we contacted said that he heard the round go through his house – completely through his house – so he was obviously very alarmed.”
Both suspects are now in custody.
A neighbor recognized one of the suspects, and police were able to track him down at his home. The other suspect led police on a chase.
Officials said the suspect crashed his vehicle during the pursuit and then tried to escape officers by breaking into a random person’s house.
Police arrested the man before he was able to get in.
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns (pageviews: 17246)
- Residential care facility faces fine after woman pronounced dead found gasping for air in body bag (pageviews: 12125)
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 10592)
- Missing Arizona girl found in basement of convicted Utah sex offender on parole (pageviews: 7906)
- 2 former Stansbury High School teammates to faceoff in the Super Bowl (pageviews: 4332)
- Utah man arrested for rape of child after toddler diagnosed with STI (pageviews: 2848)