Police Arrest Suspect After Man Allegedly Sets Fire, Steals Car At Gunpoint
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Police have arrested a suspect after a fiery carjacking in Salt Lake City.
Police said a man found an unlocked garage Thursday morning and used gasoline to set the floor on fire.
He then allegedly knocked on the door to alert the resident about the fire. When the woman answered the door, the man reportedly pointed a gun at her and stole her car.
Officers later spotted the car outside a motel.
Police said the man inside the car tried to evade officers by setting a fire in a parking garage and then hiding under an SUV.
Police used a stun gun to take him into custody.
Officials could not confirm if the person they arrested in the parking garage was the same as the suspect in the carjacking or if he was a separate suspect who was given the stolen car.
- Details emerge in killings of 2 elderly Clearfield residents (pageviews: 24105)
- Man arrested in Mexico for murder of Utah radio host (pageviews: 8038)
- EXCLUSIVE: Man takes woman hostage on flight to SLC, Good Samaritan steps in (pageviews: 6318)
- Charges in crash that killed 3 should not have been dismissed, Utah appeals court says (pageviews: 5386)
- Three car crash closes road in West Valley City (pageviews: 3473)
- Man killed in rollover crash on I-15 in Draper (pageviews: 3334)