Police Arrest Suspect After Man Allegedly Sets Fire, Steals Car At Gunpoint
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Police have arrested a suspect after a fiery carjacking in Salt Lake City.
Police said a man found an unlocked garage Thursday morning and used gasoline to set the floor on fire.
He then allegedly knocked on the door to alert the resident about the fire. When the woman answered the door, the man reportedly pointed a gun at her and stole her car.
Officers later spotted the car outside a motel.
Police said the man inside the car tried to evade officers by setting a fire in a parking garage and then hiding under an SUV.
Police used a stun gun to take him into custody.
Officials could not confirm if the person they arrested in the parking garage was the same as the suspect in the carjacking or if he was a separate suspect who was given the stolen car.
- Police Release New Photos, Info In Mackenzie Lueck Murder Case (pageviews: 12951)
- Hale Center Theatre Orem Apologizes After Woman With Down Syndrome Asked To Leave Over Mask (pageviews: 6953)
- Dying Cancer Patient Forced From Utah County Home Even Though He Can Pay Rent (pageviews: 4684)
- Baby Born From 27-Year-Old Embryo Believed To Have Broken Record Set By Big Sister (pageviews: 4423)
- West Valley Family Angered After Christmas Decorations Were Stolen (pageviews: 3952)
- US Tightens Definition Of Service Animals Allowed On Planes (pageviews: 3064)
- Utah Reports 11 More People Have Died, 3,945 Tested Positive For COVID-19 (pageviews: 2903)
- Logan Woman Loses Two Family Members To COVID-19 (pageviews: 2467)
- Dying Cancer Patient Forced From Utah County Home Even Though He Can Pay Rent – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 2293)