Early Voting Ending In Most Counties; Ballots Can Still Be Placed In Drop Boxes, Mailed
OGDEN, Utah – Friday was the last day for in-person early voting in Utah, but residents can still vote in person on Election Day or by mail.
Voters can also fill out their ballots and drop them off at an official ballot drop box in their county.
Find your local dropbox here:
What happens after your ballot is sent in the mail or placed in a drop box, though?
KSL TV got a closer look at how the vote-by-mail process works in Weber County.
“We capture the signature and barcode to make sure that voter hasn’t already voted and that they’re registered and the vote is valid,” said Weber County Clerk Ricky Hatch.
Election officials compare that signature to the one that’s on file with county.
KSL Investigator Matt Gephardt reported earlier this month on what happens if your ballot signature and your signature on file don’t match.
“It’s amazing to see the turnout,” said Lannie Chapman, chief deputy clerk for Salt Lake County.
“It’s incredible.”@SLCoClerk says turnout is so high that they are monitoring the drop boxes over the weekend
— Ladd Egan (@laddegan) October 30, 2020
The county clerk said voters should know their ballots are in safe hands.
Employees have to undergo a background check that includes an investigation into their social media accounts to ensure they are completely objective.
If you haven’t mailed in your ballot yet, it will need to be postmarked before Election Day, Nov. 3.
If you are unable to get your ballot in the mail by Nov. 2, then you’ll need to drop it off by hand to your county clerk or at one of your county’s official drop boxes.
- Police Release New Photos, Info In Mackenzie Lueck Murder Case (pageviews: 12951)
- Hale Center Theatre Orem Apologizes After Woman With Down Syndrome Asked To Leave Over Mask (pageviews: 6953)
- Dying Cancer Patient Forced From Utah County Home Even Though He Can Pay Rent (pageviews: 4684)
- Baby Born From 27-Year-Old Embryo Believed To Have Broken Record Set By Big Sister (pageviews: 4423)
- West Valley Family Angered After Christmas Decorations Were Stolen (pageviews: 3952)
- US Tightens Definition Of Service Animals Allowed On Planes (pageviews: 3064)
- Utah Reports 11 More People Have Died, 3,945 Tested Positive For COVID-19 (pageviews: 2903)
- Logan Woman Loses Two Family Members To COVID-19 (pageviews: 2467)
- Dying Cancer Patient Forced From Utah County Home Even Though He Can Pay Rent – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 2293)