Crews Respond To Springville Brush Fire; Weber Co. Fire Contained
SPRINGVILLE, Utah — Crews are responding to a brush fire on a mountain in Utah County, east of Springville.
The Nanny Goat Fire was estimated at 50+ acres Sunday afternoon.
— Utah Fire Info (@UtahWildfire) November 1, 2020
No structures appear to be threatened at this time, so no evacuations have been ordered.
Officials said the blaze is moving uphill towards rocks.
The cause was under investigation.
Fire crews also responded to a blaze located near the Evergreen Estates in Weber County.
Officials said the Evergreen Fire, which was estimated at 10-12 acres, was threatening structures Sunday afternoon.
— Utah Fire Info (@UtahWildfire) November 2, 2020
Evacuations were ordered, but the fire was contained around 6:30 p.m., according to officials on scene, and everyone returned home.
The cause remains under investigation, but officials said it appears a campfire where people were cooking food got out of hand.
- Family members remember, honor two USU plane crash victims (pageviews: 7173)
- UPDATE: Ogden teen found by family (pageviews: 6659)
- 48 migrants die after trailer abandoned in Texas heat (pageviews: 6371)
- SLC replacing fireworks with laser shows for July holidays (pageviews: 6316)
- R. Kelly sentenced to 30 years in sex trafficking case (pageviews: 6069)
- Why this mom’s abortion decision challenged her family’s religious beliefs (pageviews: 4164)