Man Accused Of Killing Wife In Midvale Booked Into Jail
MIDVALE, Utah — The man accused of killing his wife in front of their two children inside their Midvale home has now been booked into jail.
John Weston Erickson, 41, was released from the hospital Saturday night and booked into the Salt Lake County Jail on charges of murder and child abuse.
He was accused of stabbing and killing his wife, 41-year-old Utahna Halona, during a domestic dispute.
The incident happened Wednesday evening in front of the couple’s children, who ran to a neighbor’s home for help.
Sgt. Melody Cutler with the Unified Police Department said the woman died at the scene, and her husband was taken to an area hospital in police custody with what appeared to be wounds that were self-inflicted.
Utahna’s family released a statement on Friday, saying in part, “Utahna made everything beautiful and always went out of her way to bring family and friends together. She was taken from us way too soon in a way that we will never understand.”
Resources For Domestic Violence Victims
If you are a victim of abuse, there are resources out there to help. It is a difficult first step, but help is available 24 hours a day and doesn’t cost anything.
- Utah Domestic Violence Link Line 1-800-897-LINK (5465)
- National Domestic Violence Hotline 1-800-799-SAFE (7233)
- Utah YWCA shelter for women- 24-Hour Crisis Line- 801-537-8600
- 911 — don’t hesitate to call if you need immediate help
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns (pageviews: 17246)
- Residential care facility faces fine after woman pronounced dead found gasping for air in body bag (pageviews: 12125)
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 10592)
- Missing Arizona girl found in basement of convicted Utah sex offender on parole (pageviews: 7906)
- 2 former Stansbury High School teammates to faceoff in the Super Bowl (pageviews: 4332)
- Utah man arrested for rape of child after toddler diagnosed with STI (pageviews: 2848)