Man Accused Of Killing Wife In Midvale Booked Into Jail
MIDVALE, Utah — The man accused of killing his wife in front of their two children inside their Midvale home has now been booked into jail.
John Weston Erickson, 41, was released from the hospital Saturday night and booked into the Salt Lake County Jail on charges of murder and child abuse.
He was accused of stabbing and killing his wife, 41-year-old Utahna Halona, during a domestic dispute.
The incident happened Wednesday evening in front of the couple’s children, who ran to a neighbor’s home for help.
Sgt. Melody Cutler with the Unified Police Department said the woman died at the scene, and her husband was taken to an area hospital in police custody with what appeared to be wounds that were self-inflicted.
Utahna’s family released a statement on Friday, saying in part, “Utahna made everything beautiful and always went out of her way to bring family and friends together. She was taken from us way too soon in a way that we will never understand.”
Resources For Domestic Violence Victims
If you are a victim of abuse, there are resources out there to help. It is a difficult first step, but help is available 24 hours a day and doesn’t cost anything.
- Utah Domestic Violence Link Line 1-800-897-LINK (5465)
- National Domestic Violence Hotline 1-800-799-SAFE (7233)
- Utah YWCA shelter for women- 24-Hour Crisis Line- 801-537-8600
- 911 — don’t hesitate to call if you need immediate help
- WATCH LIVE: Warriors Over The Wasatch (pageviews: 10947)
- Live (pageviews: 6780)
- AIR SHOW: What to bring, what to leave at home and how to get there (pageviews: 5943)
- WATCH LIVE: Warriors Over The Wasatch – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5940)
- BREAKING: Abortion now prohibited in Utah (pageviews: 4798)
- Utah 'trigger law' banning abortion to go into effect after Roe v. Wade overturned (pageviews: 4654)