Pack It Out Utah Event Rallying Volunteers To Clean Up Trails, Waterways
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Utahns who love the outdoors would do anything to keep the state clean and pristine.
The Utah State University Extension is leading an effort through Nov. 8, and they are asking for Utahns’ help.
It is the first ever statewide trails and waterway cleanup, and the campaign is reminding all residents to “Pack it Out” to keep the great outdoors great.
It’s described as “A socially distanced volunteer event to remove garbage from public lands and help improve our waterways.”
“Utah’s public lands experienced a surge of outdoor recreation this year,” according to the event page. “While more people enjoying the great outdoors is inspiring, unfortunately, it has led to an increase in garbage ending up on trails, parks, neighborhoods, and eventually, in our waterways.”
The Pack it Out Utah event notes that the idea is to encourage Utahns across the Beehive State to act as stewards for public lands and watersheds by collecting trash.
To participate, go to the event page where organizers have created a map of suggested locations to collect trash.
The USU Extension suggests several places across the state, including Salem Pond, locations along the Jordan River, state reservoirs, and places close to the Great Salt Lake.
Volunteers will sign up so the USU Extension can track how many people have signed up.
Everyone who registers for the event will be entered to win prizes for participating, according to the Pack it Out Utah page.
“You can also collect trash in your neighborhood, a local park, or waterway,” according to the event’s site. “Anywhere trash is collected will have a positive impact on your local environment.”
- Gephardt: Tracking Down $130K That Vanished After Bank Closes Woman’s Savings Account (pageviews: 14493)
- New Utah Law Keeps Convicted Murderer From Parole Unless Body Found (pageviews: 4930)
- Community Rallies To Support Young Street Corner Entrepreneur (pageviews: 4702)
- KSL Investigates Bill Aimed To Combat Utah Housing Boom, Affordability (pageviews: 4120)
- Utah DWR Looking For Driver Who Allegedly Sped Up To Hit, Kill Deer (pageviews: 2915)
- 22 More COVID Deaths Reported In Utah; Over 700K Vaccines Administered (pageviews: 2449)
- Utahn Who Has Had Three Heart Transplants Getting COVID-19 Vaccine (pageviews: 2260)
- Utah Nurse Who Battled COVID-19 Released From Hospital After Double-Lung Transplant (pageviews: 1949)
- Police: Provo Man Stabbed Child, Thinking Someone Else Was In Bed With His Wife (pageviews: 1856)