More Than 1 Million Utahns Have Already Voted In The 2020 Election
DRAPER, Utah – With just one day left before Election Day, more than 1 million Utah voters have already cast their ballots.
Sandy and Dave Conway were two of those voters who dropped off their ballots at a dropbox in Draper on Monday morning.
As of this moment 1,000,000 Utah voters have voted. That's more than 4/5 (87%) of the entire turnout in 2016!
Ballots must be postmarked today (11/2) or dropped at a drop box by 8pm tomorrow (11/3).
— Vote Utah (@ElectionsUtah) November 2, 2020
They said they’re feeling very patriotic as they exercise their civil duty to vote.
According to the U.S.. Elections Project, early voting has surged to levels never seen before in the nation’s history. A record 94 million early votes have been cast either in person or by mail.
Utah alone has 1.68 million active registered voters, which means the majority of Utah’s voters have already cast their ballots.
“Today is the last day if you’re going to put your ballot in the mail that it can be postmarked,” said Justin Lee, Utah director of elections. “At this point, we strongly suggest anyone walk into the post office and make sure it actually gets stamped. Different post offices will post mark at different times of the day, so you don’t want to miss that deadline.”
If you’re unable to get them in the mail in time, you can place them in an official dropbox before 8 p.m. on Tuesday.
— Felicia Martinez (@FeliciaKSL) November 2, 2020
Voting in person will be available Tuesday, but officials are encouraging residents to mail them or use a drop box due to the current pandemic.
All UTA services will be free on Election Day to help ensure voters are able to get to their polling places or their nearest drop box.
- 12-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident (pageviews: 7375)
- Centerville wildfire 'most likely' caused by fireworks; evacuation orders lifted (pageviews: 7194)
- UTA: One man dead, another injured after shooting at TRAX station – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6211)
- 12-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5382)
- UTA: One man dead, another injured after shooting at TRAX station (pageviews: 4290)