St. George Cancels Events Due to Surge in COVID-19 Hospitalizations
ST. GEORGE, Utah – Citing a surge in local hospitalizations, the City of St. George canceled several events and sports tournaments Tuesday night.
The city released a brief statement that said, “After consulting with healthcare providers, the city is temporarily restricting events that bring large numbers of people to our community.”
A city spokesman clarified the standards for canceling events Wednesday afternoon.
The spokesman said events that meat one of two thresholds will be canceled:
- Anticipated participation of 500 or more people
- If a significant number of people expected to attend the event are from outside of the St. George area.
- Snow Canyon Half Marathon (Nov. 7)
- Seegmiller Farm Harvest Days & Turkey Trot (Nov. 21)
- Kick-Off to Christmas & Santa Dash (Nov. 30)
- At least 2 injured after semi hauling beehives tips on I-80 (pageviews: 7381)
- Why this mom’s abortion decision challenged her family’s religious beliefs (pageviews: 7141)
- 48 migrants die after trailer abandoned in Texas heat (pageviews: 6358)
- WATCH LIVE: Warriors Over The Wasatch (pageviews: 6125)
- Flood watch over popular Utah recreation areas Sunday (pageviews: 5376)
- WATCH LIVE: Warriors Over The Wasatch – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3050)