Jenny Wilson Re-Elected Mayor Of Salt Lake County
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Salt Lake County Mayor Jenny Wilson was easily re-elected Tuesday night.
Wilson won with 57% of the vote while challenger Trent Staggs had 40%. Michael Cundick had 3% of the vote.
— KSL 5 TV (@KSL5TV) November 4, 2020
Wilson told KSL that the pandemic will get much of her attention now that the election is over.
“I really like Governor Herbert personally but he and I were not on the same page regarding face coverings. Had he imposed this earlier we wouldn’t be as far down as we are now. We have to double down and keep fighting and I hope to have a good partnership with the new governor.”
It appears Cox and Wilson are in alignment as Cox said continued work on the pandemic will also be his priority once he takes office.
Wilson took over as county mayor for Ben McAdams in 2019 after his election to Congress. This will be Wilson’s first full term as Mayor.
Other issues on her list include homelessness, affordable housing, and cleaner air quality.
- Slain Enoch girl texted friend that dad was acting strange and she was worried (pageviews: 14110)
- UPDATE: Three in custody after shots fired at Taylorsville High School, police said - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 13553)
- Body found inside limestone kiln in Salt Lake City foothills (pageviews: 8491)
- UPDATE: Three in custody after shots fired at Taylorsville High School, police said (pageviews: 7883)
- BREAKING: Shots fired at Taylorsville High School (pageviews: 7144)
- BREAKING: Shots fired at Taylorsville High School - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5583)