At 25, Madison Cawthorn Will Be Youngest Member Of Congress
While a number of races across the country have yet to be decided, one potential win in North Carolina is turning heads.
Madison Cawthorn is 25 years old. If he wins the election, he would become the youngest member of Congress in modern history, according to U.S. House records.
According to the NBC affiliate in Fort Wayne, Cawthorn will win the race. The Associated Press has also called the race for Cawthorn.
The young rising GOP star will be representing North Carolina’s 11th Congressional District. The seat was previously held by Republican Rep. Mark Meadows, who left to serve as President Donald Trump’s chief of staff.
Cawthorn first drew attention after defeating Trump’s preferred candidate in an upset in the June GOP primary runoff.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- ‘Our worst fears': Kidnapped baby, parents, uncle found dead (pageviews: 6449)
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6433)
- Coach, kicker & official reflect on Cottonwood High's rare, game-winning play (pageviews: 6050)
- One dead, one in critical condition after I-15 crash in Ogden (pageviews: 5371)
- Tooele man arrested, accused of biting off part of teen's ear (pageviews: 3347)
- Father, son found dead inside West Jordan home (pageviews: 3137)