‘Plan On Slippery Road Conditions’: Winter Weather Advisory Issued
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – The National Weather Service on Sunday issued a winter weather advisory for Salt Lake and Tooele Counties.
The advisory will be in place until 11 a.m. Monday.
“Snow will decrease for a time this evening and increase again for Tooele and Salt Lake valleys Monday morning,” according to the NWS.
Here is a map of all Winter Weather Advisories, expiring in the following order:
11 PM MST Tonight Uinta mountains
5 AM MST Monday Southern and central Utah, Northern Wasatch
11 AM MST Monday Salt Lake, Toeele valleys, Wasatch mountains south of I-80#UTwx pic.twitter.com/qA7fDrFwQN
— NWS Salt Lake City (@NWSSaltLakeCity) November 8, 2020
Authorities said residents can expect snow accumulations of up to 4 inches of snow.
“Periods of heavy snow will cause roadways to temporarily become snow-covered, especially overpasses and all surfaces during the nighttime hours,” the service announced. “Plan on slippery road conditions.”
There will be an increase in snow Monday morning to the south and southeast of thee Great Salt Lake, according to the NWS, and snow will “end or diminish greatly north of Bountiful after Midnight.”
The advisory is in effect for the northern Wasatch Front from Ogden southward and the Salt Lake and Tooele valleys.
- Anchorage Alaska Temple to be rebuilt, moved to a new location - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 8444)
- Search warrant reveals neighbors discovered bodies of Haight family (pageviews: 7455)
- Body found inside limestone kiln in Salt Lake City foothills (pageviews: 6751)
- Slain Enoch girl texted friend that dad was acting strange and she was worried (pageviews: 5763)
- ‘Overwhelming’ response for radon testing after Lehi woman shares cancer diagnosis story - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5046)
- Snow College employee found dead in off-campus student housing unit (pageviews: 3984)