‘Plan On Slippery Road Conditions’: Winter Weather Advisory Issued
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – The National Weather Service on Sunday issued a winter weather advisory for Salt Lake and Tooele Counties.
The advisory will be in place until 11 a.m. Monday.
“Snow will decrease for a time this evening and increase again for Tooele and Salt Lake valleys Monday morning,” according to the NWS.
Here is a map of all Winter Weather Advisories, expiring in the following order:
11 PM MST Tonight Uinta mountains
5 AM MST Monday Southern and central Utah, Northern Wasatch
11 AM MST Monday Salt Lake, Toeele valleys, Wasatch mountains south of I-80#UTwx pic.twitter.com/qA7fDrFwQN
— NWS Salt Lake City (@NWSSaltLakeCity) November 8, 2020
Authorities said residents can expect snow accumulations of up to 4 inches of snow.
“Periods of heavy snow will cause roadways to temporarily become snow-covered, especially overpasses and all surfaces during the nighttime hours,” the service announced. “Plan on slippery road conditions.”
There will be an increase in snow Monday morning to the south and southeast of thee Great Salt Lake, according to the NWS, and snow will “end or diminish greatly north of Bountiful after Midnight.”
The advisory is in effect for the northern Wasatch Front from Ogden southward and the Salt Lake and Tooele valleys.
- At least 2 injured after semi hauling beehives tips on I-80 (pageviews: 7381)
- Why this mom’s abortion decision challenged her family’s religious beliefs (pageviews: 7141)
- 48 migrants die after trailer abandoned in Texas heat (pageviews: 6358)
- WATCH LIVE: Warriors Over The Wasatch (pageviews: 6125)
- Flood watch over popular Utah recreation areas Sunday (pageviews: 5376)
- WATCH LIVE: Warriors Over The Wasatch – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3050)