Alta, Cottonwood High Schools Moving To Online Instruction
SANDY, Utah – Two more Salt Lake County high schools are moving to online instruction due to the spread of COVID-19.
Alta High School
Officials with the Canyons School District said Alta High School will be online until after the Thanksgiving break and there will be no in-person classes on Friday.
“The pause in on-campus learning was determined to be in the best interest of students, families and staff following a meeting with authorities from the Salt Lake County Health Department about the rising coronavirus cases among the members of the school community and in the community,” officials said.
The Hawks are scheduled to return to in-person learning on Nov. 30.
Jordan High School and Indian Hills Middle School students also moved to online learning this week.
“It’s hoped that in-person instruction at both Jordan High and Indian Hills Middle can resume on Nov. 30,” district officials said. ” In the meantime, the buildings will be thoroughly cleaned and sanitized. “
Cottonwood High School
Granite School District spokesman Ben Horsley said Cottonwood High School will be doing distance learning for the next two weeks.
The Colts will return to in-person learning on Nov. 30.
Two other schools in the Granite School District also moved to online learning earlier this month. Cyprus High School will return to in-person learning on Nov. 19 while Skyline High School will return to the classroom on Nov. 20.
- Utah’s second Topgolf location to open Friday - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 14388)
- Teens build intricate 'Gingerbread Cathedral,' get out of writing essay (pageviews: 5568)
- Utah’s second Topgolf location to open Friday (pageviews: 5477)
- Locations of 6 international temples released (pageviews: 5250)
- SB I-15 closed in Layton following police chase, shooting (pageviews: 4962)
- Utah's Festival of Trees returns to an in-person event (pageviews: 3162)