Costco Will Begin Requiring Masks For Everyone – No Medical Exemptions
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Costco this week announced that it will begin requiring masks for all members, guests and employees, and there will be no medical exemptions.
Only children younger than 2 will be exempt. Everyone else must either wear a face mask or a face shield.
“Costco has had a face mask policy in effect since May 4, 2020, but members who could not wear a mask due to a medical condition were exempt. This is no longer the case,” according to a statement from Craig Jelinek, Costco president and CEO. “If a member has a medical condition that prevents them from wearing a mask, they must wear a face shield at Costco.”
He wrote that it may seem inconvenient to some, but the added safety is “worth any inconvenience.”
The statement comes after an alarming spike in new COVID-19 cases and hospitalizations not only in Utah, but across the United States.
“Our goal is to continue to provide a safe shopping environment for our members and guests, and to provide a safe work environment for our employees,” Jelinek wrote.
The new mask and face shield policy will take effect Nov. 16.
All businesses in Utah must require face masks indoors, according to the state’s recent health order. The statewide mask mandate will remain in effect for the foreseeable future.
- Meteor causes loud boom heard across northern Utah, National Weather Service says (pageviews: 33024)
- After loud boom across Utah, here’s why you should check your yard for treasure – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 22249)
- After loud boom across Utah, here’s why you should check your yard for treasure (pageviews: 17815)
- Meteor causes loud boom heard across northern Utah, National Weather Service says – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 12809)
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints makes changes to ‘tithing settlement’ – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 8138)
- Teen vandals destroy koi pond, try to harm fish at Salt Lake City business (pageviews: 5410)