Herriman Home Destroyed By Fire Caused By Outdoor Grill
HERRIMAN, Utah — A Herriman family was out of their home Sunday night after it was destroyed in a fire that was started by an outdoor grill.
The blaze broke out at 13632 S. Timeless Court around 4 p.m.
Officials with the Unified Fire Authority said the fire was started by a BBQ on the back porch.
The two-story home was deemed unlivable as the fire spread into the main floor, the second floor, and then the attic.
Additional crews were called out thanks to the quick response of a neighbor who is also a firefighter.
“The Draper Fire Chief actually lives here in Herriman. He was the first on scene. He got here immediately, saw the smoke, put his turnout coat, hat, and went to work.”
Officials said the fire was knocked down in 30 minutes.
Witnesses said the flames were 20-30 feet high.
One person was taken to the hospital with burns to the hands and face, as well as smoke inhalation.
A dog was also inside the building, but was able to make it out safely.
- Forest ranger quashes rumors of Pineview Reservoir in town meeting - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 7943)
- Attempted kidnapping near Utah junior high has school, police warning parents (pageviews: 6897)
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5569)
- Forest ranger quashes rumors of Pineview Reservoir in town meeting (pageviews: 4499)
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3945)
- Police: Suspect shot, hospitalized after exchanging gunfire with Orem officers (pageviews: 3255)