COVID-19 Hospitalizations Climb To New Record, 5 More Utahns Die
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – The Utah Department of Health on Monday reported that 1,971 Utahns have tested positive for COVID-19, but the hospitalizations have climbed to a new record.
Currently, 503 people with COVID-19 are being treated in Utah hospitals. Unfortunately, another five residents have lost their lives, bringing the death toll to 723.
UDOH reported a total of 1,254,258 Utahns have been tested so far, which is an increase of 9,523 from yesterday.
Of those, 155,779 have tested positive for COVID-19, an increase of 1,971 from the day before.
The rolling seven-day average for positive tests is 2,949 per day, and the rolling seven-day average for percent of positive laboratory tests is 24.6%.
Currently, 503 people with COVID-19 are hospitalized, and 198 of those are in intensive care units. Another 16 people are hospitalized as COVID-19 persons under investigation.
UDOH reports 52.5% of all non-ICU beds are full.
The state’s ICU beds are at 84.3% capacity – which is just below the threshold of quality care, which is 85% capacity.
The ICUs at the state’s 16 referral centers are 87.7% full. The referral centers are the hospitals with the capability to provide the best care for patients with COVID-19. Because most patients are transferred to these facilities, their utilization is the best reflection of the true hospital capacity in Utah when looking at ICU beds.
UDOH reported that five more Utahns have lost their lives as a direct result of COVID-19, bringing the state’s total number of residents who have died because of the virus to 723.
The following individuals’s deaths were reported on Monday:
- Male, between 65-84, Box Elder County resident, hospitalized at time of death
- Male, between 45-64, Salt Lake County resident, hospitalized at time of death
- Male, older than 85, Salt Lake County resident, hospitalized at time of death
- Female, between 65-84, Utah County resident, hospitalized at time of death
- Female, older than 85, Washington County resident, hospitalized at time of death
For more information, visit coronavirus.utah.gov.
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 10480)
- Farmington man recovering after falling 40 feet off a highway overpass (pageviews: 4695)
- Suspect arrested in connection to ritualistic child sex abuse investigation (pageviews: 4341)
- Three-vehicle crash closes Mountain View Corridor, one passenger ejected (pageviews: 3208)
- Rolling Stone releases list of 100 greatest TV shows of all-time (pageviews: 3123)