Ballet West’s ‘The Nutcracker’ To Air Commercial Free On KSL-TV
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Officials with Ballet West announced the 2020 performance of The Nutcracker will be held virtually due concerns surrounding the coronavirus pandemic. A virtual performance will be broadcast on KSL-TV.
The decision was made by Salt Lake County officials “out of an abundance of caution and in interest of the community’s health.”
County-owned performance arts facilities will be closed through December 31, including Abravanel Hall, Capitol Theatre, Eccles Theater, and the Rose Wagner Performing Arts Center.
By performing virtually, The Nutcracker will continue its 65-year holiday tradition in Utah.
The production will air on KSL-TV commercial free on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and New Year’s Day.
The Nutcracker will air on KSL-TV and also stream on the KSL-TV streaming app, which can be downloaded at ksltv.com/app.
— December 24 at 5:30 p.m.
— December 25 at 5:30 p.m.
— January 1 at 5:30 p.m.
“There is no more important time to give this gift to our community than now,” said Ballet West Executive Director, Michael Scolamiero. “Our classic version of The Nutcracker will provide the entertainment and inspiration that many will need, especially since gatherings with extended family and friends are strongly discouraged.”
The Nutcracker will air on KSL-TV December 24, 25 and January 1 at 5:30 p.m. It will also stream on the KSL-TV streaming app, which can be downloaded at ksltv.com/app.
“KSL-TV has a long history of supporting Utah’s arts organizations, including Ballet West,” said KSL-TV Vice Senior Vice President Tanya Vea. “Carole Mikita, our arts and religion reporter, has been diligently covering Ballet West since 1979. She will continue to do so as the host for this special Nutcracker broadcast. The arts are an economic driver in Salt Lake, and it is important to our organization to assist these cultural gems in their time of need.”
- Utah police ask for help locating suspect in Amazon robbery (pageviews: 3523)
- Real Housewives of SLC Jennie Nguyen no longer cast member after 'offensive' social media posts (pageviews: 3509)
- Body found in Jordan River, police investigating (pageviews: 3503)
- 3x Region Champs, North Sanpete drill coaches go viral in video (pageviews: 3387)
- Wednesday's Child: Creative 13-year-old Kaydee hopes to find forever family (pageviews: 2864)
- Sewage provides alternative insight into COVID-19 surge direction (pageviews: 2841)