Punxsutawney Phil Will Make Groundhog Day Prediction Virtually
PUNXSUTAWNEY, Penn. – As Punxsutawney Phil makes his annual shadow-based weather prediction in 2021, the only individuals who will be there to witness it will be the groundhog himself along with the Inner Circle of the Punxsutawney Groundhog Club.
At least in person, that is.
The Groundhog Day event, held every year at Gobbler’s Knob in the Pennsylvania town, usually brings in tens of thousands of visitors. Last year, approximately 40,000 people traveled to Punxsutawney to see Phil.
This year, though, the ceremony will be virtual, according to the Groundhog Club.
“Today we announce that Phil, along with the Inner Circle, will be making his live annual Prognostication from Gobbler’s Knob this coming Groundhog Day February 2nd 2021, but it has been determined that there will not be any in person attendance or guests on the grounds as the potential Covid risks to overcome are too great,” according to a statement released Tuesday.
According to the press release, the club is “developing numerous live internet, website and virtual events and interactions that will take the place of the traditional in person events.”
- At least 2 injured after semi hauling beehives tips on I-80 (pageviews: 7381)
- Why this mom’s abortion decision challenged her family’s religious beliefs (pageviews: 7141)
- 48 migrants die after trailer abandoned in Texas heat (pageviews: 6358)
- WATCH LIVE: Warriors Over The Wasatch (pageviews: 6125)
- Flood watch over popular Utah recreation areas Sunday (pageviews: 5376)
- WATCH LIVE: Warriors Over The Wasatch – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3050)