Roy High School Closing Again Due To Rising COVID-19 Cases
ROY, Utah – Officials with the Weber School District announced Friday that Roy High School is going back into a soft closure due to an outbreak of COVID-19 in students and staff.
The school had 18 active cases, six of which were reported on Friday, a news release said.
The school had previously closed because of the virus and reopened on Oct. 28.
The release said this next closure will begin Monday and students can return for in-person classes on Monday, Dec. 7.
“We are continuing to see a significant rise in the number of COVID-19 cases throughout the Weber School District. Although transmission of the virus appears to be relatively low within the school environment, it is becoming prevalent in our communities,” officials said.
KSL has compiled a list of dozens of Utah schools that are closed and when they will reopen.
- Have you or a family member been affected by coronavirus issues in Utah? KSL-TV wants to hear from you. Contact KSL by emailing email@example.com.
- What is COVID-19? Here’s What You Need To Know To Stay Healthy
- The latest coronavirus stories from KSL TV can be found at our Staying Safe: Coronavirus section.
- Your Life Your Health: How can parents prepare their home, children against coronavirus?
How Do I Prevent It?
The CDC has some simple recommendations, most of which are the same for preventing other respiratory illnesses or the flu:
- Avoid close contact with people who may be sick
- Avoid touching your face
- Stay home when you are sick
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue and then throw the tissue in the trash
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom, before eating, and after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing. Always wash your hands with soap and water if your hands are visibly dirty.
- If soap and water is not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
The CDC recommends wearing cloth face coverings in public settings where other social distancing measures are difficult to maintain (e.g., grocery stores and pharmacies), especially in areas of significant community-based transmission.
- Post Malone Is Donating 10K Of His Sold Out Crocs To Frontline Workers (pageviews: 7378)
- Morgan Restaurant Set To Close After 40 Years In The Community (pageviews: 6067)
- Police Release New Details Related To Alex Cox's Death In Vallow/Daybell Case (pageviews: 5860)
- Lindon Man Dies Following Incident At Quail Creek State Park (pageviews: 4657)
- Detectives Locate Body Of Missing Wasatch County Man (pageviews: 4614)
- Orem Unveils Utah's Biggest Pedestrian Bridge (pageviews: 2896)
- Orem Unveils Utah’s Biggest Pedestrian Bridge – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 2889)
- 3-Year-Old Boy Hospitalized After Being Hit By Truck In Eagle Mountain (pageviews: 2868)
- 'UK Variant' Of COVID-19 Found In Utah, Officials Say (pageviews: 2482)