Roy High School Closing Again Due To Rising COVID-19 Cases
ROY, Utah – Officials with the Weber School District announced Friday that Roy High School is going back into a soft closure due to an outbreak of COVID-19 in students and staff.
The school had 18 active cases, six of which were reported on Friday, a news release said.
The school had previously closed because of the virus and reopened on Oct. 28.
The release said this next closure will begin Monday and students can return for in-person classes on Monday, Dec. 7.
“We are continuing to see a significant rise in the number of COVID-19 cases throughout the Weber School District. Although transmission of the virus appears to be relatively low within the school environment, it is becoming prevalent in our communities,” officials said.
KSL has compiled a list of dozens of Utah schools that are closed and when they will reopen.
- Have you or a family member been affected by coronavirus issues in Utah? KSL-TV wants to hear from you. Contact KSL by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What is COVID-19? Here’s What You Need To Know To Stay Healthy
- The latest coronavirus stories from KSL TV can be found at our Staying Safe: Coronavirus section.
- Your Life Your Health: How can parents prepare their home, children against coronavirus?
How Do I Prevent It?
The CDC has some simple recommendations, most of which are the same for preventing other respiratory illnesses or the flu:
- Avoid close contact with people who may be sick
- Avoid touching your face
- Stay home when you are sick
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue and then throw the tissue in the trash
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom, before eating, and after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing. Always wash your hands with soap and water if your hands are visibly dirty.
- If soap and water is not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
The CDC recommends wearing cloth face coverings in public settings where other social distancing measures are difficult to maintain (e.g., grocery stores and pharmacies), especially in areas of significant community-based transmission.
- Utah's Peter Sinks reaches -62 Monday; Why does it get so cold? (pageviews: 8563)
- Utah’s Peter Sinks reaches -62 Monday; Why does it get so cold? - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3901)
- Two employees dead at Northrop Grumman Magna facility (pageviews: 3445)
- Utah correctional officer assaulted by inmate at state prison (pageviews: 2621)
- Alleged fraud committed by top leaders at Layton Christian Academy - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 2604)
- Two employees dead at Northrop Grumman Magna facility - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 2477)