Halloween Party Organizer Charged With Violating Health Order
LEHI, Utah – The organizer of a Halloween party has been charged with a Class B misdemeanor for violating the state public health order that was in effect at the time, according to Lehi City officials.
“(The) Lehi City Police Department responded to a nuisance complaint of an organized event located at a commercial building on Halloween night,” officials said. “The officers were able to disperse the crowd and shut down the party without incident. At the time of contact the event organizer was cooperating with law enforcement officers.”
Following an investigation, officials said the case was submitted to the Lehi City Prosecutor for potential charges against the event organizer and the property owner.
“Slowing the spread of COVID-19 takes the entire community: law enforcement, public health, elected officials and individuals. Lehi City made an important decision to enforce a public health order,” said Joe Dougherty, spokesperson for Unified Command. “Under the public health order, event hosts are required to have attendees wear masks and stay at least six feet apart from people not of their household. Our hospitals are getting overcrowded. And we will soon see degraded healthcare for people who need it most.”
The event organizer was also charged with a nuisance violation and disorderly conduct violation. The property owner has been charged with a nuisance violation, fire code violation and health order violation.
- Post Malone Is Donating 10K Of His Sold Out Crocs To Frontline Workers (pageviews: 7378)
- Morgan Restaurant Set To Close After 40 Years In The Community (pageviews: 6067)
- Police Release New Details Related To Alex Cox's Death In Vallow/Daybell Case (pageviews: 5860)
- Lindon Man Dies Following Incident At Quail Creek State Park (pageviews: 4657)
- Detectives Locate Body Of Missing Wasatch County Man (pageviews: 4614)
- Orem Unveils Utah's Biggest Pedestrian Bridge (pageviews: 2896)
- Orem Unveils Utah’s Biggest Pedestrian Bridge – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 2889)
- 3-Year-Old Boy Hospitalized After Being Hit By Truck In Eagle Mountain (pageviews: 2868)
- 'UK Variant' Of COVID-19 Found In Utah, Officials Say (pageviews: 2482)