Teen Killed In Shooting At Kearns Home
KEARNS, Utah – A homicide investigation was underway after a 15-year-old boy was killed in a shooting at a Salt Lake County home.
A neighbor heard and recorded some kind of commotion at a Kearns home during the early morning hours Saturday.
Officials from the Unified Police Department of Greater Salt Lake said officers were sent to a home at 5155 Alex Street just after 1 a.m.
When they arrived on the scene, Detective Kevin Mallory said they discovered the teen with a gunshot wound.
Emergency medical crews worked to safe the boy’s life but were unsuccessful.
Det. Mallory said there were five or six other people inside the home. All were taken into custody for interviews and questioning.
Investigators said they had the suspect in custody. He was identified as 18 year-old Kaden Christiansen and has been booked into jail on a charge of 2nd degree felony manslaughter.
The relationship between Christiansen and the victim, or what led to the shooting, were not available.
- Post Malone Is Donating 10K Of His Sold Out Crocs To Frontline Workers (pageviews: 7378)
- Morgan Restaurant Set To Close After 40 Years In The Community (pageviews: 6067)
- Police Release New Details Related To Alex Cox's Death In Vallow/Daybell Case (pageviews: 5860)
- Lindon Man Dies Following Incident At Quail Creek State Park (pageviews: 4657)
- Detectives Locate Body Of Missing Wasatch County Man (pageviews: 4614)
- Orem Unveils Utah's Biggest Pedestrian Bridge (pageviews: 2896)
- Orem Unveils Utah’s Biggest Pedestrian Bridge – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 2889)
- 3-Year-Old Boy Hospitalized After Being Hit By Truck In Eagle Mountain (pageviews: 2868)
- 'UK Variant' Of COVID-19 Found In Utah, Officials Say (pageviews: 2482)