Another 3K Test Positive, 6 More Lose Their Lives To COVID-19; ICUs 90% Occupied
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Health authorities reported six more Utahns died due to COVID-19, and 3,197 more have test positive.
On Sunday, 556 people with the virus were being treated at Utah hospitals.
The Utah Department of Health reported a total of 1,344,945 Utahns have been tested so far, which is an increase of 13,641 from yesterday.
Of those, a total of 177,176 have tested positive for COVID-19 to date. That’s an increase of 3,197 cases from Saturday.
The rolling seven-day average for positive tests is 3,310 per day, and the rolling seven-day average for percent of positive laboratory tests is remaining relatively steady at 23.5%.
Currently, 556 people with COVID-19 are currently hospitalized, and 197 of those are in intensive care units. Another 23 patients are currently hospitalized as COVID-19 persons under investigation.
The state’s ICU beds are 90.8% occupied, which indicates an overwhelmed hospital system. Utah’s referral center ICU beds are 94.3% full.
Referral Centers are the 16 hospitals in Utah with the capability to provide the best care for patients with COVID-19. Because most patients are transferred to these facilities, their utilization is the best reflection of the true hospital capacity in Utah when looking at ICU beds.
UDOH reports 58.2% of all non-ICU beds in the state are occupied.
Officials reported six more people have died as a direct result of COVID-19, which brings Utah’s death toll to 793.
On Sunday, the following individual’s deaths were reported:
- Male, between 65-84, Davis County resident, hospitalized at time of death
- Female, older than 85, Davis County resident, long-term care facility resident
- Male, older than 85, Salt Lake County resident, hospitalized at time of death
- Male, between 65-84, Salt Lake County resident, hospitalized at time of death
- Male, between 45-64, Washington County resident, hospitalized at time of death
- Female, between 65-84, Weber County resident, hospitalized at time of death
For more information, visit coronavirus.utah.gov.
- Mysterious Southern Utah Monolith Mysteriously Disappears – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 33983)
- Mysterious Southern Utah Monolith Mysteriously Disappears – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 22072)
- Mysterious Southern Utah Monolith Mysteriously Disappears (pageviews: 12737)
- Dying Cancer Patient Forced From Utah County Home Even Though He Can Pay Rent (pageviews: 7601)
- DPS Crew Discovers Mysterious Monolith From Air In Remote Utah Wilderness (pageviews: 6552)
- Catch A Lunar Eclipse During Full Beaver Moon This Weekend – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3735)
- Man Arrested For Refusing To Wear Face Mask On Flight Leaving SLC – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3656)
- South Jordan Police Officer Accused Of Kidnapping Relative On Thanksgiving (pageviews: 2424)
- Catch A Lunar Eclipse During Full Beaver Moon This Weekend (pageviews: 2260)