Man, Woman Stabbed During Domestic Violence Incident In Clearfield
CLEARFIELD, Utah — A woman was transported to the hospital after sustaining a stab wound to the neck during an altercation at the Clearfield Cove Apartments.
Officers were notified of the domestic dispute at 400 North and Bruce Street just before 5:30 p.m. Sunday.
When officers arrived on scene, they found a 22-year-old male with “superficial wounds to his hands” and a 21-year-old female with a “significant wound to her neck,” according to a press release from the Clearfield Police Department.
The woman was transported to a local hospital where she was treated for her wounds, while the man received medical treatment on scene and was released.
Officials said it appears the altercation occurred as a result of a possible relationship separation.
“Preliminary information suggests the female stabbed the male before using the knife to harm herself.”
The incident was under investigation as officers said they were still in the process of interviewing people.
“No arrests have been made at this time though charges are likely once the investigation is complete,” the release concluded.
The man and woman’s names have not been released.
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 13441)
- 2 former Stansbury High School teammates to faceoff in the Super Bowl (pageviews: 7554)
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns (pageviews: 5852)
- Residential care facility faces fine after woman pronounced dead found gasping for air in body bag (pageviews: 4852)
- Utah state prisons on lockdown after three assaults against officers (pageviews: 4484)
- Missing Arizona girl found in basement of convicted Utah sex offender on parole (pageviews: 3699)