4 Additional People Have Died, 2,244 More Have Tested Positive For COVID-19
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – The Utah Department of Health on Monday reported 2,244 more Utahns have tested positive for COVID-19.
Another four of the state’s residents have lost their lives.
Currently, 545 people are hospitalized with the virus.
UDOH reported a total of 1,352,407 Utahns have been tested so far, which is an increase of 7,462 people tested from yesterday.
Of those, 179,420 have tested positive for COVID-19 to date. That’s an increase of 2,244 cases from Sunday.
The rolling seven-day average for positive tests is 3,349 per day, and the rolling seven-day average for percent of positive laboratory tests is 23.6%. That average has held relatively steady at just below 24% since Nov. 13.
There are currently 545 people with COVID-19 being treated in Utah hospitals, and 199 of those are in intensive care units. Another 13 patients are currently hospitalized as suspect COVID-19.
The state’s ICU beds are 87.9% full, and the state’s referral centers are 91.9% full.
Referral Centers are the 16 hospitals in Utah with the capability to provide the best care for patients with COVID-19. Because most patients are transferred to these facilities, their utilization is the best reflection of the true hospital capacity in Utah when looking at ICU beds.
UDOH reports 53.7% of all non-ICU beds are occupied.
Officials reported four more people have died as a direct result of COVID-19. That brings the state’s death toll to 797.
The following individuals’ deaths were reported Monday:
- Male, older than 85, Salt Lake County resident, hospitalized at time of death
- Female, between 45-64, Salt Lake County resident, not hospitalized at time of death
- Male, between 65-84 , Washington County resident, long-term care facility resident
- Male, between 65-84, Washington County resident, hospitalized at time of death
For more information, visit coronavirus.utah.gov.
- Utah’s second Topgolf location to open Friday - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 15103)
- SB I-15 closed in Layton following police chase, shooting (pageviews: 6159)
- Utah’s second Topgolf location to open Friday (pageviews: 5870)
- Teens build intricate 'Gingerbread Cathedral,' get out of writing essay (pageviews: 4804)
- SB I-15 reopens in Layton following police chase, shooting (pageviews: 4665)
- Witness recounts 'miraculous' Moab rescue after BASE jumper crashes into cliff (pageviews: 3558)